This training will enable experienced Therapists who hold the BeeLeaf Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy OR another *Diploma that is Accredited by UKCP, BACP or equivalent to achieve an advanced accredited qualification and apply for UKCP Registration.
If you are not already a Therapist and you would like to become
a UKCP Registered Psychotherapist look at the psychotherapy training pathway here.
* We will be able to let you know which parts of your qualification fulfill this entry requirement and what BeeLeaf modules may need to be completed to fill any gaps for entry onto our Advanced Diploma programme.
Our aim is to support you to integrate any new learning into your existing style of practice with respect for the unique Therapist that you are.
Contemporary Psychotherapy is an outcome oriented, pluralistic model of psychotherapy that embraces a diversity of approaches gathered around the question “What works and for which clients?” Participants can look forward to learning from participants and trainers from a variety of modalities and to being encouraged to consolidate their application of theory to flexibly effective practice.
Those Members of BeeLeaf who have completed the BeeLeaf training pathway to Advanced Diploma are eligible for UKCP Registration,
upon completing the Registration process and evidencing the following:
- A total of 450 hours of Supervised Clinical Practice. You are required to have one hour of Clinical Supervision with a Clinical Supervisor for every 6 hours of Clinical Practice with clients. (Clinical Supervisor fee not included in course fee).
- 100 hours of mental health familiarisation, either within clinical practice or other mental health role.
- Personal Therapy. You are required to have 48 hours of one-to-one personal therapy with a Psychotherapist or Counsellor who is UKCP Registered (or equivalent) over the 4 year training period, plus 40 hours of one-to-one or group therapy. This is not included in the course fee.
- Those participants who have joined the BeeLeaf Advanced Diploma having gained their previous qualification with another training provider, may be eligible to join the pathway to UKCP Registration and be able to claim up to 24 months and 50% of training hours as APL (Accredited Prior Learning).
Learning & assessment
The variety of teaching methods used on our courses serve to support as many different learning styles as possible. Whilst time is given to inspirational and clarifying ‘chalk and talk’, you can be sure that live demonstrations and practical exercises are the core of the experience and contribute to making this a warm, fun and friendly environment in which to acquire your new skills.
At BeeLeaf, we believe that to work flexibly and ecologically, it is not enough to merely digest the content knowledge of the various techniques and procedures that make up a practitioner’s toolbox.We believe in a process oriented learning environment that supports the development of your communicational and reflexive skills as a practitioner. By the time you have completed a BeeLeaf course you will have developed practical skills that can be practiced within a whole variety of contexts.
- Minimum 90% attendance of all courses
- Attendance of interactive live webinars for *Research Course
- Written submissions on *Research Course including final dissertation
- Participation in dissertation supervision (telephone/email/skype) on *Research Course
- *Research Presentation day in London includes feedback from peers
Imi is a UKCP Registered Psychotherapist, HCPC Registered Art Therapist, and Social Worker.
She specialises in the topics of emotional intensity, sensitivity, and borderline (emotional unstable) personality disorder. Imi she offers a unique perspective that combines scientific therapy approaches and more artistic and intuitive methods to help people address deep-rooted emotional patterns. Read more
Julie is a UKCP Registered Contemporary Psychotherapist, COSRT Accredited Psychosexual Psychotherapist and AAMET Emotional Freedom Techniques Trainer. Julie specialises in the treatment of anxiety, OCD and sex and relationship therapy. Julie has undertaken additional training in CBT and DBT. Read more
M.A, MATS, MTh, FCMC, UKCP Registered Psychotherapist
Mike is a UKCP Registered Psychotherapist and Trainer. Mike has been a Trainer with the BeeLeaf Institute for several years and is renowned for his dynamic training style that is fun, safe and participative. Read more
MSc B.A. Hons., Dip. EHP, Adv. Dip. THP, UKCP Registered Psychotherapist and Neuro-Linguistic Psychotherapist, Master and Certified Trainer in NLP, Clinical Supervisor. Trainer Member of ANLP, MNCP (Snr Accrd.)
Director of BeeLeaf
Pamela Gawler-Wright is a UKCP Registered Psychotherapist and has since 1994 been a trainer on many UKCP Accredited trainings across several modalities of training. As Director of Training for BeeLeaf, Pam created the Contemporary Psychotherapy qualifying training as a much needed professional path for today’s psychotherapist. Read more
M.A. (Econ), Lic Phil, Lic Theol.
Tony has enjoyed an enormously varied career and works closely with BeeLeaf as a Trainer, Academic Supervisor & Staff Mentor. Tony has held several posts over the years that have embraced his extensive training and experience in theology and economics. Read more
- First degree OR equivalent formal or life learning to benefit from BeeLeaf’s policy of inclusivity
- BeeLeaf Diploma or another Diploma Accredited by UKCP, BACP or equivalent. We will be able to let you know which parts of your qualification fulfill this entry requirement and what BeeLeaf modules may need to be completed to fill any gaps for entry onto our Advanced Diploma programme.
Successful completion of application form and
Application & Interview Fee £50 plus individual course fees.
Working Effectively with Trauma (week 1 of Summer School 'Advanced Clinical Applications')
Working Creatively with Anxiety & Depression (week 2 of Summer School 'Advanced Clinical Applications')
Working Successfully with Addiction & Recovery (week 3 of Summer school 'Advanced Clinical Applications')
Any courses that may be needed to fill gaps in your training to fulfill entry requirements.
Additional Fees (Quoted for 2017 and subject to change)
- Fees for personal therapy. Budget for approximately £30 - £50 per session.
- Fees for Clinical Supervision. Budget for up to £50 per session or free.
- Professional Liability Insurance. Budget for between £9 - £49 per year. Applicable as soon as you begin seeing clients in private practice.
- Annual membership fee for BeeLeaf Register, Community for Contemporary Psychotherapy included in training fee, exceptions when training is deferred / extended. (Varies between £40 - £120 depending on level of Membership)
- Fee for UKCP Registration. Optional annual Trainee Membership plus final UKCP Registration fee. (Varies according to level of membership).
- Total of 17 full days of training in Mile End London E3
- Fully comprehensive manual and online resources for each course
- 6 x 2-hour online activities with monitoring for Research Course
- Feedback on 3 written submissions each of 2 – 3000 words in length on Research Course
- Total of 6 hours dissertation supervision (telephone/email/skype) on Research Course
- Feedback and marking of final dissertation
- Research Presentation evening in London includes feedback from peers
- Certificate of successful completion of each individual course
Award of Advanced Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy upon successful completion of courses and assessment criteria
How to Pay
Payment for each training course is payable upon enrolment. Payment can be made using our secure online payment system or by providing card details over the telephone. We accept most major debit and credit cards.
Payment Terms and Conditions
All cancellations must be received in writing. If you cancel within 14 days of your booking being confirmed a full refund will be given for the 'Advanced Clinical Applications' courses. The deposit of £450 for the 'Research Methods & Dissertation' course is non-refundable. If you cancel more than 14 days after a booking has been confirmed for any of the Advanced Diploma courses any outstanding fees will become due.
In the unlikely event of BeeLeaf cancelling this training you will be given a full refund and BeeLeaf and it’s Employees, Contractors and all Associates will not be held responsible for any indirect or consequential loss.
Mile End London E3 plus online learning
1. Complete and submit your Application Form online. After clicking submit you will be asked to pay the £50 application Fee online. If you prefer you can download the application from this page (fee payment details on application form).
2. If your written application is successful you will be invited for an interview (this is a friendly and supportive process). If your written application is not successful we will provide feedback and you will be refunded the £50 application fee.
3. During the interview we will establish the appropriate point of entry onto our training pathway to become a Psychotherapist. Your point of entry will depend on your previous qualifications and relevant experience.
4. If your interview is successful you will be offered a place on the course subject to satisfactory references.
5. If your interview is not successful we will let you know and provide feedback.