This psychopathology training is for Counsellors, Psychotherapists & Coaches who wish to practice psychotherapy responsibly, and with respect for the diversity of individuals who may present for treatment. This inspiring course will heighten your awareness of the mental health community and your role within it.
You can complete this course as Continuing Professional Development, and as a module of our Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy.
Be able to recognise when client's presenting issues are outside of limitations of own practice
Be able to work in co-operation with other healthcare professionals
- Know protocols for working with clients with exceptional needs - Life and Death Issues
- Understand relationships of the above to the practice of Hypnotherapy, NLP and Contemporary Psychotherapy
- Be able to integrate Contemporary Psychotherapy skills in range of mental health settings
Madness, Meanings and Maps - A History of Mental Health Perception.
- Reality, Normality and Individuality - when and how does difference become difficulty?
- Overview of various mental illnesses - mild, moderate to serious and chronic, including both psychosis and non-psychosis clusters.
- Basic elements of psychopharmacology - drugs commonly used in treatment.
- Knowledge of the NHS Psychiatric practice - Care Programme Approach, Clustering and the emergence of IAPT.
- Risk assessment and management: being aware of issues such as self – harm and suicidal ideation.
- One day on knowledge and practise in working with Personality Disorders.
Learning & assessment
Imi is a UKCP Registered Psychotherapist, HCPC Registered Art Therapist, and Social Worker.
She specialises in the topics of emotional intensity, sensitivity, and borderline (emotional unstable) personality disorder. Imi she offers a unique perspective that combines scientific therapy approaches and more artistic and intuitive methods to help people address deep-rooted emotional patterns. Read more
Lyndsey Moon, PhD is a Senior Lecturer at Roehampton University where they lecture Counselling Psychology. Lyndsey also held an ESRC funded Senior Research Fellowship in the Department of Sociology at warwick University. They published Feeling Queer or Queer Feelings; Radical Approaches to Counselling Sex, Gender and Sexualities published by Routledge in 2007. Lyndsey has also worked in the field of alcohol and drugs for the last 20 years. They research sex, gender and sexualities and their relationship to counselling psychology and psychotherapy.
- This training is for Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Coaches, NLP Practitioners and Trainees in these fields.
- You will be required to view a short series of webcasts (each of between 6 and 36 minutes in length) and complete a short written activity assignment. You must attend the one 2 days of training in Central London. You will need access to a computer.
BeeLeaf Members: £400
Return Participant: £200 (For people who have already completed the Psychopathology Course and are attending for a refresher)
2 days (10am - 5:30pm) of training in Central London (includes light refreshments)
3 1/2 hours of webinars & video clips to be viewed in your own time.
Monitored follow-up short written activity
Comprehensive colourful learning materials
Certificate of Attendance
How to Pay
Use our secure online payment system or call us on 020 8983 9699. We accept all major credit and debit cards.
Payment Terms and Conditions
All cancellations must be received in writing. If you cancel within 14 days of your booking being confirmed a full refund will be given. No refund will be given if you cancel more than 14 days after a booking has been confirmed and/or you have already received access to learning materials from BeeLeaf such as the webinars. In the unlikely event of BeeLeaf cancelling this training, you will be given a full refund. BeeLeaf and it’s Contractors will not be held responsible for any indirect or consequential loss. BeeLeaf reserve the right to make any changes to the course and it’s Personnel at any time.
Free parking is available at the training venue. Detailed instructions will be sent with booking confirmation.
Nearest stations on the London Underground are Mile End on Hammersmith and City, District and Central lines; and Stepney Green on the Hammersmith and City and District lines.
Boutique Hostel; Park Villa - Diectly opposite BeeLeaf. 10% discount for BeeLeaf Students.
Holiday Inn Express London-Stratford
Plaza London Hotel
Holiday Inn Express London Limehouse
The RE London Shoreditch Hotel
Holiday Inn London Commercial Road
Bed & Breakfast Accommodation
Oldfield Guest House
City View Hotel
Book and pay here now using our secure online payment system. Alternatively call 020 8983 9699. We accept all major credit and debit cards.