Course starting September 2016 NOW FULL
Next details & dates coming soon!
Applied Clinical Hypnosis in Contemporary Psychotherapy
2 levels of achievement – Certificate or Diploma
CERTIFICATE: 10 Days of Experiential Training, over 5 weekends from September to February
DIPLOMA: 10 Days of Experiential Training, over 5 weekends from September to February PLUS 25 days of other BeeLeaf Training (see entry requirements for more details)
Reading, viewing and practical exercises between training attendance
Ongoing Assessment including prepared practical demonstration, audio and fun, entrancing technical exercises
There’s no question of the importance in psychotherapy of utilising a person’s naturally occurring altered states of awareness, sometimes called Hypnosis.
Many psychotherapists and counsellors are wary of making the most of their client’s ability to draw on their own deeper inner process in states of altered awareness. This caution is understandable given how showmen and some “hypnotists” have misrepresented the use of hypnosis with authoritarian misapplications that are directly in conflict with the therapeutic endeavor.
So why have so many of the true leaders in the field of therapy, across so many disciplines and cultures, paid attention to their client’s abilities to make use of altered states of awareness?
Many developed therapeutic practitioners long to find out and learn about what the psychotherapeutic application of hypnosis really is and how it can be ethically and congruently integrated into their practice.
Already a qualified and registered psychotherapist, counsellor or coach?
Add the essential knowledge and skills in the use of client lead hypnosis to enhance your client’s use of their innate healing and creative resources, and gain the Certificate in Applied Clinical Hypnosis in Contemporary Psychotherapy
Already on the BeeLeaf pathway to qualifying as a UKCP Psychotherapist?
Add these 10 days of training in client lead hypnosis to your first year and Clinical Essentials training - and gain the Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma and eligibility to join the National Council of Hypnotherapists.
In a safe, creative and client-centered approach we will help demystify this ancient and most natural of healing applications so that you can seamlessly and ethically bring this dimension to your existing or developing practice.
Learn how “hypnosis” is not done to a person, but simply enables them to have greater options in using the natural functions of the human mind
Discover how your practice already probably engages the client in altered states of awareness that can be validated and enhanced for deeper, safer, more autonomous process
Release your skills to a greater scope of possibility in helping your client activate their own natural healing resources to recover and grow
Achieve competencies in more naturalistic facilitation of the client working through trauma, anxiety, depression and low self-esteem
- Utilise altered state so that the client can harness internally motivated changes in self-defeating behaviours that are not subject to change through analysis alone
- Competencies in Assessment, Suitability and Limits for the use of Clinical Hypnosis in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Integration of ancient and modern theories and concepts plus learning from historic misconceptions and misuses of “hypnosis”
- Compare use of clinical hypnosis within psychodynamic, existential, humanistic, cognitive-behavioural and systemic psychotherapies
- Unveil and delight in the dynamic relationship between language patterns and our emotional and physiological patterning
- Understand the fundamental differences between “authoritarian” models of hypnosis and naturalistic, client-driven use of altered states
- Improve confidence and ability in holding a client through their deeper emotional process and inner re-organisation
- Gain exquisite skills in observation and utilisation of non-verbal signals and ideo-motor responses
- Delight in the playful and creative curative power of stories, metaphors and imaginative journeys
- Discover effective and safer access and healing of past experiences and residual trauma
- Integrate theory and practice from a diversity of cultures including Buddhist Psychology and First Nation wisdom
- Demystify post-hypnotic suggestion as a client-owned, new behaviour generating function of the human learning system
- Deconstruct the purpose and ethic of “resistance” and discover a whole new level of co-created alliance between therapist and client
Learning & assessment
- Two levels of achievement – Certificate or Diploma
- 10 Days of Experiential Training, over 5 weekends from September to February (plus 25 days of other BeeLeaf training for award of Diploma)
- Reading, viewing and practical exercises between training attendance
- Ongoing Assessment including prepared practical demonstration, audio and fun, entrancing technical exercises
MSc B.A. Hons., Dip. EHP, Adv. Dip. THP, UKCP Registered Psychotherapist and Neuro-Linguistic Psychotherapist, Master and Certified Trainer in NLP, Clinical Supervisor. Trainer Member of ANLP, MNCP (Snr Accrd.)
Director of BeeLeaf
Pamela Gawler-Wright is a UKCP Registered Psychotherapist and has since 1994 been a trainer on many UKCP Accredited trainings across several modalities of training. As Director of Training for BeeLeaf, Pam created the Contemporary Psychotherapy qualifying training as a much needed professional path for today’s psychotherapist. Read more
Pre-requisites to join the Certificate in Applied Clinical Hypnosis
- Completion, or working towards completion, of an appropriate psychotherapy or counseling training
- Registration/membership with a recognised psychotherapy or counseling register and ethical framework
Pre-requisites to gain the Applied Clinical Hypnosis Diploma
- Completion of BeeLeaf Foundation/Skills and Principles of Contemporary Psychotherapy
- Completion of BeeLeaf NLP Practitioner Certification
- Completion of BeeLeaf Clinical Essentials
Those completing the BeeLeaf Diploma in Applied Clinical Hypnosis in Contemporary Psychotherapy will be eligible to apply for practitioner membership with the National Council for Hypnotherapy.
NORMAL £1,450 Deposit £350 upon enrolment followed by 5 monthly instalments of £220
DISCOUNTED Save £250 when you pay the full amount of £1,200 upon enrolment
- 10 full days experiential face-to-face training with limited group size
- Engaging articles, video links and practical materials to enrich your learning and confident practice.
- Group exercises, time to ask questions, live demonstrations
- Fully comprehensive workbook published by BeeLeaf
- Light Refreshments available throughout the day (lunch not included)
- Assessment and final certification. Minimum of 90% course attendance required.
How to Pay
Following acceptance of your place on the training we will invoice you with bank payment details.
We accept payment by Paypal, MasterCard and Visa Debit and Credit Cards.
If paying the normal fee following a payment of £350 deposit, monthly instalments must be made by Standing Order.
We make no aditional charge for these services.
Payment Terms and Conditions
Cancellation by you before course start date: Cancellations must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If, after confirming your place on the training, you withdraw before the course start date BeeLeaf will retain your £350 deposit. No further fees will be due.
Cancellation by you after course start date: You become liable for all outstanding fees should you decide to withdraw mid-course. Arrangements may be made for you to return the following year at the discretion of the Trainers and BeeLeaf.
Cancellation by BeeLeaf: In the unlikely event of BeeLeaf having to cancel we will offer an alternative date and venue or you may choose to receive a full refund and BeeLeaf would accept no liability for any consequential or indirect loss.
Full terms and conditions are published in the Trainee Handbook.
Free parking is available at the training venue. Detailed instructions will be sent with booking confirmation.
Nearest stations on the London Underground are Mile End on Hammersmith and City, District and Central lines; and Stepney Green on the Hammersmith and City and District lines.
1. Complete and submit your Application Form online. After clicking submit you will be asked to pay the £30 application Fee online. BeeLeaf Members do not have to pay the application fee. If you prefer you can download the application from this page (fee payment details on application form).
2. If your written application is successful you will be invited for an interview (this is a friendly and supportive process). If your written application is not successful we will provide feedback and you will be refunded the £30 application fee.
3. During the interview we will establish the appropriate point of entry onto our training pathway to become a Psychotherapist. Your point of entry will depend on your previous qualifications and relevant experience.
4. If your interview is successful you will be offered a place on the course subject to satisfactory references.
5. If your interview is not successful we will let you know and provide feedback.