17th - 21st July 2017, London
This 5-day training is week one of our 5TH ANNUAL SUMMER SCHOOL for Psychotherapists, Counsellors and other Mental Health Professionals.
The effects of trauma are so often expressed as destructive symptoms and beliefs that clients may seek to “get rid of” or “learn to put up with”. This internal conflict against one’s own self-preserving patterning can perpetuate rather than alleviate suffering.
In the 21st Century we have a better understanding than ever before of the impact of trauma on the developing brain and what makes healing, growth and restructuring possible and likely. Understanding the mind-body system as a life-seeking whole can open up pathways to expression and healing that are not available through purely cognitive or analytic approaches.
A greater sensitivity to somatic awareness will enable trainees to attend respectfully to a client’s physical, cognitive and emotional states, and their wider context. Understanding dissociative and re-associative process can help put the client back in their seat of natural power to restore, resolve and find meaning in all of life’s experiences.
You can complete this course as Accredited Continuing Professional Development, as a module of our Advanced Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy, and as core training for those working towards UKCP Registration through BeeLeaf.
17th - 21st July 2017, London
Participants will be offered theoretical and experiential learning in Somatic Psychotherapies, ranging from the wisdom of aboriginal healing processes to effective contemporary methods. We will identify and utilise the common components in various theories and interventions, from storytelling to use of natural physical movement, to personalise the therapeutic journey so that it can be truly client-lead.
17th - 21st July 2017, London
- Assess when trauma may be core to a client’s presenting issues
- Understand the connections between trauma and other processes such as dependencies, obsessions and compulsions
- Frame and explain the process of trauma and routes to recovery
- Create the therapeutic conditions necessary to encourage innate mind-body healing processes
- Identify how those healing processes can become blocked
- Understand why talking is not enough to heal trauma and loss
- Gain a better understanding of the help-or-hindrance of transference processes in the therapeutic relationship
- Help clients who have experienced pain to find that therapy can be empowering, safe & joyous
- Recognise the impact of trauma on attachment and brain development
- Differentiate fight, flight, freeze, fold and flow responses
- Give clients the tools to manage dissociated or panic states
- Attend to the importance of self-relation and meaning-making
- Discover how our cognitive and emotional bodies work with metaphor and narrative
- Learn a highly effective protocol for working with one-off traumatic events
- Learn how to enrich this working protocol to engage at the deeper levels of complex trauma
- Support the re-emergence of self-worth and resiience
- Activate brain restructuring through the natural processes of play and storytelling
- Follow client cases that go beyond suffering and survival to strength and self-discovery
Learning & assessment
- At BeeLeaf, we believe that to work flexibly and ecologically, it is not enough to merely digest the content knowledge of the various techniques and procedures that make up a practitioner’s toolbox. The variety of teaching methods used on our courses serve to support as many different learning styles as possible.
- Whilst time is given to inspirational and clarifying ‘chalk and talk’, you can be sure that live demonstrations and practical exercises are the core of the experience and contribute to making this a warm, fun and friendly environment in which to acquire your new skills.
- A combination of deductive and inductive learning assures that learning is an “inside-out-outside-in” process that combines absorption with discovery and exploration.
- Colourful training manuals published by BeeLeaf serve to enhance and enrich the learning experience that is unique to BeeLeaf.
- Certificate of Attendance for 35 hours of UKCP and NCP Accredited training. Minimum of 90% course attendance required.
Imi is a UKCP Registered Psychotherapist, HCPC Registered Art Therapist, and Social Worker.
She specialises in the topics of emotional intensity, sensitivity, and borderline (emotional unstable) personality disorder. Imi she offers a unique perspective that combines scientific therapy approaches and more artistic and intuitive methods to help people address deep-rooted emotional patterns. Read more
MSc B.A. Hons., Dip. EHP, Adv. Dip. THP, UKCP Registered Psychotherapist and Neuro-Linguistic Psychotherapist, Master and Certified Trainer in NLP, Clinical Supervisor. Trainer Member of ANLP, MNCP (Snr Accrd.)
Director of BeeLeaf
Pamela Gawler-Wright is a UKCP Registered Psychotherapist and has since 1994 been a trainer on many UKCP Accredited trainings across several modalities of training. As Director of Training for BeeLeaf, Pam created the Contemporary Psychotherapy qualifying training as a much needed professional path for today’s psychotherapist. Read more
This training is specifically for Counsellors and Psychotherapists who have completed or are completing a qualifying Diploma.
You can attend this training as Continuing Professional Development and as a module of our Advanced Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy.
- 5 full days experiential face-to-face training with limited group size
- Engaging articles, video links and practical materials to enrich your learning and confident practice.
- Group exercises, time to ask questions, live demonstrations
- Fully comprehensive workbook published by BeeLeaf
- Light Refreshments available throughout the day (lunch not included)
- Certificate of Attendance for 35 Hours of UKCP and NCP Accredited training. Minimum of 90% course attendance required.
How to Pay
Pay when you book online using our secure payments page or download and return the completed booking form with payment. Or call us on 020 8983 9699. We accept Visa and MasterCard debit and credit cards.
If you are being funded your organisation must send us an email including full details for invoicing.
Payment Terms and Conditions
All cancellations must be made in writing by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to:
BeeLeaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
34 Grove Road
If you cancel within 14 days of your booking being confirmed a full refund will be given. No refund will be given if you cancel more than 14 days after a booking has been confirmed. In the unlikely event of BeeLeaf cancelling this training, you will be given a full refund including your deposit and BeeLeaf and it’s Contractors will not be held responsible for any indirect or consequential loss you may experience. BeeLeaf reserve the right to make changes to the course and it’s Personnel at any time.
Central London close to Mile End Underground Station.
Full details will be issued withyour course confirmation.
Nearest stations on the London Underground are Mile End on Hammersmith and City, District and Central lines; and Stepney Green on the Hammersmith and City and District lines.
Book and pay here now using our secure online payment system. Alternatively call 020 8983 9699. We accept all major credit and debit cards.