NEXT COURSE BEGINS 23RD SEPTEMBER 2017
COURSE NOW FULL
This 20-day course (one weekend per month) is the second year of our Diploma in contemporary Psychotherapy. It will give you the opportunity to compliment your current professional qualifications and skills as a Psychotherapist, Counsellor or Coach and work towards UKCP Accreditation.
The course is part of our Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy that will enable you to practice as a Psychotherapist. This course is also one of the requirements for those working towards UKCP Registration & Accreditation through BeeLeaf.
Central London E3
Venue surrounded by coffee shops, supermarkets, restaurants, canalside walks and parkland. Several public transport options and well priced accommodation available.
5 minutes walk from Mile End Tube and free parking available on weekends.
Full details will be issued when you enrol.
20-days starting Saturday 23rd September 2017.
23/24 Sept, 21/22 Oct, 25/26 Nov, 16/17 Dec, 27/28 Jan 2018, 24/25 Feb, 24/25 March, 21/22 April, 19/20 May, 23/24 June.
Application & Interview Fee £50 payable prior to your application being processed. This will be returned if your application is not successful.
Normal Course Fee: £2,950 Deposit of £600 then 10 MONTHLY INSTALMENTS OF £235.
Discounted Course Fee: £2,700 SAVE £250. Pay in full upon enrolment.
The course beginning September 2018 will be subject to a price increase of £250.
- 20 days experiential face-to-face training
- Award of Certificate in Contemporary Psychotherapy in Practice upon successful completion of training.
- Fully comprehensive colour manuals published by BeeLeaf plus extra online resources.
- Regular feedback.
- Ongoing assessment & final assessments and certification.
- Light Refreshments (lunch not included)
- Student Membership of Community for Contemporary Psychotherapy.
- Members only area of Website.
We accept payment by Paypal, MasterCard, Visa (debit and credit cards).
If paying the normal fee following a payment of £600 deposit, monthly instalments must be made by 10 monthly Standing Order payments.
Payment Terms & Conditions
Cancellation by you before course start date: Cancellations must be received in writing to email@example.com. If, after confirming your place on the training, you withdraw before the course start date BeeLeaf will retain your £600 deposit. No further fees will be due.
Cancellation by you after course start date: You become liable for all outstanding fees should you decide to withdraw mid-course. Arrangements may be made for you to return the following year at the discretion of the Trainers and BeeLeaf.
Cancellation by BeeLeaf: In the unlikely event of BeeLeaf having to cancel we will offer an alternative date and venue or you may choose to receive a full refund and BeeLeaf would accept no liability for any consequential or indirect loss.
Full terms and conditions are published in the Trainee Handbook.
- Recognise and utilise the distinct cognitive and emotional processes that make up the structure of both your Client’s problems and their problem solving abilities.
- Work with your Client to develop their relationship to their past, to transform pain and harvest wisdom.
- Engage your Client in learning the specific life-skills that empower them to strategically address the current issues they face, whether these come from within or from environmental influences.
- Embrace the human self-balancing system of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual forces that combine towards recovery as a natural process. Facilitate organically – by responding to your Client’s beliefs, values, resources and experiences that make their recovery path unique to them.
- Master dynamic linguistic skills that help to unlock the matrices of a problem and create new possibilities for change.
- Acknowledge and enhance the multi-level communication that occurs ‘consciously’ and ‘unconsciously’, within an individual and within all relationships, including the sensitive rapport that is the therapeutic alliance.
- Enable your Client to make use of their natural and cyclical states of changing awareness that supports different kinds of thinking, understanding and healing.
- Apply these processes to your own life and development, in a warm, active and creative environment, supporting the unique facilitator and human being that you are.
Understanding Contemporary paradigms which integrate the main psychotherapy models, including:
Person Centered Core Conditions
Cognitive Somatic Psychotherapies
Family Systems Therapies
Gestalt and Experiential Practice
Ericksonian Psychotherapy, Self Relations and Mindfulness Practice
Engaging the common effective attributes of the different models and their unique strengths is core to an effective practice that is flexible to different client needs and practice settings. This pluralistic ethos is becoming the favoured, evidence based approach of psychotherapy provision.
Applications of these refreshed models, including:
Case Formulation, monitoring and closure
Client as Expert
Relationship as Site of Therapy
Phenomenological Review of “Transference”
Rebuilding the Cognitive-Somatic Alignment
Opening to Emotional Resilience and Acceptance
Values-Driven Outcome as a guide to Deep Healing
Repairing the Past-Present-Future Continuum
Deep modeling of client’s subjective world and mentalization
Engaging the Client’s Wider System in their change process
Activating Creative Thinking and Courageous Growth
Preparation towards Clinical Practice
Utilising Client Process
Gaining meaningful rapport
Developing a healing alliance
Use and awareness of self
Accessing and Building Client’s Use of Inner Resources
Holding “stuckness” and “not knowing” as learning stages
Assessing the structure of a client’s distress and problematic patterns
Adapting intervention to the client’s unique journey
Monitoring Change and Feedback towards Client’s Meaningful Outcomes
Personal and professional growth
Individual and Group processes that prepare for professional collaboration
Focus on personal challenges and release from obstacles to achievement
Engagement in co-sponsorship of self and colleagues
The role of the professional therapist
Your authentic self in the therapy room
Making therapeutic relationships safe and full of possibility
Recognising possible areas for specialism
Please note that completion of this Training does not mean automatic acceptance onto our Clinical Practice unit of training as candidates may have logistic or developmental tasks to complete first.
Candidates wishing to progress to Clinical Practice are also recommended to complete “Clinical Essentials” either before during or after attendance of the Intermediate Training. This prepares in practice specifics in Ethics, Human Development and Sexuality and Psychopathology.
Please note that there may be slight adjustments to the syllabus to accommodate changes in Accreditation requirements, Contemporary contexts for the practices of mental health and for specific Trainee needs.
Teaching & Learning
- Tutors: Mike Shallcross, Olivier Cormier-Otaño, Pamela Gawler-Wright
- This is a classroom based training set at high challenge level within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- The training involves exercises in pairs & small groups, live practical demonstrations & theoretical input.
- Group size is limited to 10 participants to ensure maximum support for Trainees.
- Information rich colourful training materials published by BeeLeaf and additional digital resources are included in the course fee.
The assessment for the Certificate in Contemporary Psychotherapy in Practice includes:
- Presentation of a Personal Development Quest Project
- Ongoing practical assessment
- Submission of one 3000 word assignment
Your Trainers may also suggest helpful tasks for you individually, to support you in fully capitalising on your talents and goals.
To be eligible for Assessment and Certification attendance is essential for a minimum of 18 of the 20 days and attendance of the final weekend is compulsory. If you miss more than 2 days due to ill health or unforeseen circumstances arrangements can be made for you to attend the following year.
Psychotherapy, Counselling, Coaching or NLP qualification in a compatible modality at an appropriate level that includes a minimum of 120 hours of classroom based training.
Degree OR other demonstration of post- graduate ability. We operate a very active Diversity, Inclusion & Social Justice Policy, so if you do not have a first degree, contact us to find out how you may be able to demonstrate eligibility through work experience and applied skills.
We also have many participants on this training module who have trained to Master Practitioner and NLP Trainer level with other organizations and are converting to a Psychotherapy dedicated training track with UKCP Registration in mind.
Call 020 8983 9699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org