APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
FOR NEXT COURSE STARTING SEPTEMBER 2022
This unit runs every other year. The next course is due to begin September 2022.
This 22-day course (one weekend per month) is a unit of our Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy. It will give you the opportunity to compliment your current professional qualifications and skills as a Psychotherapist, Counsellor or Coach and work towards UKCP Accreditation.
We understand that it may not be possible for someone to attend an in-person training weekend because of Covid-19. Under these special circumstances there will be the option to participate live by Zoom and we will do our best to make sure those attending online have the opportunity to participate as fully as possible and engage with a high quality live interactive experience online.
Full details below under ‘where, when, how much?’
If you would like any assistance get in touch using our Contact Form.
HOW TO APPLY
Application deadline 24th August 2022 subject to availability of places
Scroll down and click the ‘apply’ button and you will be guided through a secure online application form. Once completed and submitted you will then be asked to pay the £50 application fee. You DO NOT have to pay this if you have previously enrolled on our Skills & Principles Unit so you can ignore the payment page.
If your written application is successful you may be invited to attend an interview with 2 senior members of our team. This is a supportive process during which we establish if this is the right course for you and where appropriate how we may be able to count some of your existing qualifications towards our final qualification.
We will then contact you with the outcome of the interview. Any offer of a place is also subject to provision of satisfactory references which DO NOT have to be provided if you are enrolled on the year one unit and have already provided them.
UNSUCCESSFUL APPLICATIONS In the event of your application not being successful you may use the application appeals procedure. Unsuccessful applications & appeals will result in your £50 application fee being refunded minus a £25 administration fee.
Where, when, how much?
Where & When
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, some of our training takes place at a spacious venue close to BeeLeaf House London E3 5AX. Nearest tube Mile End. Free parking at weekends. Some training takes place online using Zoom.
Next Course Starts 24th September 2022. This unit runs every other year.
11 Modules (22-days Sat/Sun 9:30am – 5:30pm) starting 24th September 2022
Module 1 24th & 25th September 2022 In person at venue in London E3
Module 2 22nd & 23rd October 2022 Live online
Module 3 26th & 27th November 2022 In person at venue in London E3
Module 4 17th & 18th December 2022 Live online
Module 5 28th & 29th January 2023 In person at venue in London E3
Module 6 25th & 26th February 2023 Live online
Module 7 25th & 26th March 2023 In person at venue in London E3
Module 8 15th & 16th April 2023 Live online
Module 9 6th & 7th May 2023 In person at venue in London E3
Module 10 10th & 11th June 2023 In person at venue in London E3
FINAL Module 8th & 9th July 2023 In person at venue in London E3
Application deadline 24th August 2022 subject to availability of places
Each day begins with registration at 9:30am and training starts at 10am. There are 2 short breaks and one hour lunch break. Each day ends at 5:30pm
Application & Interview Fee £50 payable prior to your application being processed (fee NOT payable if you have previously paid this for another course with us).
Standard Fee £3,600. Pay deposit of £360 then balance of £3,240 by 10 monthly instalments of £324
Discounted Fee £3,300 when you pay in full before course start date.
- 22 days training online and in-person.
- Award of Certificate in Contemporary Psychotherapy in Practice upon successful completion of training.
- Fully comprehensive colour manuals published by BeeLeaf plus extra online resources.
- Regular feedback.
- Ongoing assessment & final assessments and certification.
- Student Membership of Community for Contemporary Psychotherapy.
- Members only area of Website.
We accept payment by Paypal, MasterCard, Visa (debit and credit cards).
If paying the normal fee following a payment of £360 deposit, monthly instalments must be made by 10 monthly Standing Order payments.
Cancellation by You BEFORE the Course Start Date
If you cancel within 14 days of confirmation of enrolment you will receive a full refund. No further fees will be due. You will not be refunded the £50 application fee.
If you cancel more than 14 days after confirmation of enrolment and before the course start date you will be charged 60% of the total course fee. No further fees will be due.
Cancellation by you AFTER the course start date
If you cancel on or after the course start date the fees are due in full.
Cancellation by BeeLeaf
We reserve the right to cancel this course where due to circumstances outside of our reasonable control (including, but not limited to, insufficient number of students enrolled for the course) it would not be possible to deliver the course to a satisfactory standard. We shall have no liability for direct or indirect losses or costs which you may incur due to such cancellation. In these circumstances you will be offered a full refund, or you may choose to accept an alternative course that we may offer.
Teaching & Learning
Syllabus (to be updated for September 2022)
- Recognise and utilise the distinct cognitive and emotional processes that make up the structure of both your Client’s problems and their problem solving abilities.
- Work with your Client to develop their relationship to their past, to transform pain and harvest wisdom.
- Engage your Client in learning the specific life-skills that empower them to strategically address the current issues they face, whether these come from within or from environmental influences.
- Embrace the human self-balancing system of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual forces that combine towards recovery as a natural process. Facilitate organically – by responding to your Client’s beliefs, values, resources and experiences that make their recovery path unique to them.
- Master dynamic linguistic skills that help to unlock the matrices of a problem and create new possibilities for change.
- Acknowledge and enhance the multi-level communication that occurs ‘consciously’ and ‘unconsciously’, within an individual and within all relationships, including the sensitive rapport that is the therapeutic alliance.
- Enable your Client to make use of their natural and cyclical states of changing awareness that supports different kinds of thinking, understanding and healing.
- Apply these processes to your own life and development, in a warm, active and creative environment, supporting the unique facilitator and human being that you are.
Understanding Contemporary paradigms which integrate the main psychotherapy models, including:
Person Centered Core Conditions
Cognitive Somatic Psychotherapies
Family Systems Therapies
Gestalt and Experiential Practice
Ericksonian Psychotherapy, Self Relations and Mindfulness Practice
Engaging the common effective attributes of the different models and their unique strengths is core to an effective practice that is flexible to different client needs and practice settings. This pluralistic ethos is becoming the favoured, evidence based approach of psychotherapy provision.
Applications of these refreshed models, including:
Case Formulation, monitoring and closure
Client as Expert
Relationship as Site of Therapy
Phenomenological Review of “Transference”
Rebuilding the Cognitive-Somatic Alignment
Opening to Emotional Resilience and Acceptance
Values-Driven Outcome as a guide to Deep Healing
Repairing the Past-Present-Future Continuum
Deep modeling of client’s subjective world and mentalization
Engaging the Client’s Wider System in their change process
Activating Creative Thinking and Courageous Growth
Preparation towards Clinical Practice
Utilising Client Process
Gaining meaningful rapport
Developing a healing alliance
Use and awareness of self
Accessing and Building Client’s Use of Inner Resources
Holding “stuckness” and “not knowing” as learning stages
Assessing the structure of a client’s distress and problematic patterns
Adapting intervention to the client’s unique journey
Monitoring Change and Feedback towards Client’s Meaningful Outcomes
Personal and professional growth
Individual and Group processes that prepare for professional collaboration
Focus on personal challenges and release from obstacles to achievement
Engagement in co-sponsorship of self and colleagues
The role of the professional therapist
Your authentic self in the therapy room
Making therapeutic relationships safe and full of possibility
Recognising possible areas for specialism
Please note that completion of this Training does not mean automatic acceptance onto our Clinical Practice unit of training as candidates may have logistic or developmental tasks to complete first.
Candidates wishing to progress to Clinical Practice are also recommended to complete “Clinical Essentials” either before during or after attendance of the Intermediate Training. This prepares in practice specifics in Ethics, Diversity & Inclusion and Psychopathology.
Please note that there may be slight adjustments to the syllabus to accommodate changes in Accreditation requirements, Contemporary contexts for the practices of mental health and for specific Trainee needs.
Teaching & Learning
- This training set at high challenge level within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- The training involves exercises in pairs & small groups, live practical demonstrations & theoretical input, when working online and in-person.
- Group size is limited to 16 participants to ensure maximum support for Trainees.
- Information rich colourful training materials published by BeeLeaf and additional digital resources are included in the course fee.
The assessment for the Certificate in Contemporary Psychotherapy in Practice includes:
- Presentation of a Personal Development Quest Project
- Ongoing practical assessment
- Submission of one 3000 word assignment
Your Trainers may also suggest helpful tasks for you individually, to support you in fully capitalising on your talents and goals.
To be eligible for Assessment and Certification attendance is essential for a minimum of 20 of the 22 days and attendance of the first and final weekend is compulsory. If you miss more than 2 days due to ill health or unforeseen circumstances arrangements may be made for you to attend the following year.
BeeLeaf Certificate in Skills & Principles of Contemporary Psychotherapy OR we may accept an alternative training in Psychotherapy, Counselling or Coaching in a compatible modality at an appropriate level that includes a minimum of 120 hours of classroom based training. Contact us to find out more.
Degree OR other demonstration of post- graduate ability. We operate a very active Diversity, Inclusion & Social Justice Policy, so if you do not have a first degree, contact us to find out how you may be able to demonstrate eligibility through work experience and applied skills.
- You will need access to a computer device (a mobile phone is not suitable due to the limited screen size) with a mic and camera and good internet speed. We do not provide these.
- You will need to be able to travel to our venue in Mile End London for the in-person weekends of the course.
- Successful completion of application form (and £50 application fee if you have not already paid this) and interview