April Course FULL. We are now accepting applications for the next course starting 21st September 2019.
Applications Deadline 21st August 2019
New to psychotherapy training? Looking to broaden your existing skills, qualifications and professional options? Would you like to become a Psychotherapist? Would you like to achieve UKCP Accreditation?
The BeeLeaf Certificate in Skills & Principles of Contemporary Psychotherapy is a 22-day course (one weekend per month) and provides the FIRST STEP on the path to becoming a UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist.
This course is one unit of our Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy. It may be also be enjoyed as a standalone course.
If you already a Mental Health Professional, Counsellor, Therapist or Coach looking for additional skills and recognised psychotherapy course you can complete the Certificate in Skills & Principles of Contemporary Psychotherapy as a stand alone course or you may be able to enrol at a more advanced stage in our training programme, depending on your current qualifications.
When you have completed the Certificate in Skills & Principles of Contemporary Psychotherapy you may choose to continue on your training path with BeeLeaf to become a UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist and most importantly, to develop the unique Psychotherapist that only you can be.
Like to find out more before submitting an application? Come to a 2-hour Evening Taster Session
NOTE some units of training can be completed at different stages over the 4 years to that shown in the diagram.
If you would like any assistance get in touch using our Contact Form.
Central London E3
Venue surrounded by coffee shops, supermarkets, restaurants, canalside walks and parkland. Several public transport options and well priced accommodation available.
5 minutes walk from Mile End Tube and free parking available on weekends
Full details will be issued when you enrol
April Course FULL. We are now accepting applications for the next course starting 21st September 2019
Applications Deadline 21st August 2019
NEW DATES 22 days: 21/22 September 2019, 19/20 October, 16/17 November, 14/15 December, 25/26 January 2020, 22/23 February,21/22 March, 18/19 April, 16/17 May, 13/14 June, 11/12 July
Each day begins with light refreshments available from 9:30am and training starts at 10am. There are 2 short breaks and one hour lunch break. Each day ends at 5:30pm
These fees apply to the course starting September 2019.
Application & Interview Fee £50 payable prior to your application being processed. This will be returned if your application is not successful.
Standard Fee £3,600. Pay deposit of £360 then balance of £3,240 by 10 monthly instalments of £324 (15th September 2019 – 15th June 2020).
Discounted Fee £3,300 when you pay in full before course start date.
- 22 days experiential face-to-face training.
- Award of Certificate in Skills & Principles of Contemporary Psychotherapy upon successful completion of training.
- Fully comprehensive colourful learning materials published by BeeLeaf in printed and pdf format.
- Additional online resources.
- Regular feedback.
- Ongoing assessment & final assessments and certification.
- Light Refreshments (lunch not included).
- Student Membership of the BeeLeaf Register; Community for Contemporary Psychotherapy (CCP). By agreeing to the BeeLeaf Codes of Ethics & procedures upon enrolment students are placed on the BeeLeaf Register.
- Opportunity to become a Student Member of UKCP for free
- Members only area of Website.
- Membership of Closed facebook Group
Direct bank transfer. Bank details will be provided on the course enrolment form and invoice.
Payment Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for course starting September 2019 have been updated and are available here.
Terms and Conditions for Course starting April 2019 are available here.
The Year One Syllabus is a life-changing journey that focuses on building your Self-Relationship. In a highly experiential format, you will discover which principles internalise and authenticate your deeper communication with yourself and others. Practical exercises will open up access to a range of skills that will enhance healing, relationships, confidence, creativity and learning. Different theoretical sources will ground our learning in a flexible and cogent model of Contemporary Psychotherapy.
Together we will reclaim and develop our abilities to:
- Hone your senses to fine-tune your awareness of all types of communication.
- Optimise verbal and non-verbal communication for deeper understanding.
- Understand how your mind owns, creates and responds to the past, present and the future.
- Develop the Five Subjective Activities that enable organic facilitation of psychological growth and healing.
- Embrace, cultivate and manage dynamic emotional and mental states.
- Establish more natural rapport with more people.
- Strengthen therapeutic alliance and appropriate boundaries.
- Hold yourself and others without judgment so that emotions can be processed compassionately and authentically.
- Identify more accurately what motivates individuals, families and organisations.
- Master the art of asking helpful questions and understand why some questions close down a healthy dialogue.
- Acquire more refined skills in values aligned assessment, so presenting issues open pathways for healing.
- Learn how to facilitate ecological, client generated process with greater effectiveness.
- Utilise naturally occurring altered states of awareness for access to greater inner resources.
- Learn how behavioural change and unconscious integration support and generate each other.
- Access natural creativity and problem solving patterns, yours and others’.
- Generate confidence and resourcefulness, even within challenging environments.
- Enjoy the art of Ericksonian Hypno-Psychotherapy.
- Learn from the unique brilliance of yourself and others.
- Take a step on the path to becoming an Accredited Psychotherapist.
Teaching & Learning
- This is a classroom based training set at high challenge level within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- The training involves exercises in pairs & small groups, live practical demonstrations & theoretical input.
- Group size is limited to 10 participants to ensure maximum support for Trainees.
- Information rich colourful training materials published by BeeLeaf and additional digital resources are included in the course fee.
- The assessment procedures are designed to provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge, understanding and skills, recognise areas of strength and achievement and receive feedback in areas where you can achieve improvement.
Assessment is ongoing and includes:
- Presentation of a Personal Learning Portfolio
- Practical assessment within a group
- Written home study assignments. We recommend you allow about 3 hours per week.
Your Trainer may also suggest helpful tasks for you individually, to support you in fully capitalising on your talents and goals.
To be eligible for Assessment and Certification attendance is essential for a minimum of 20 of the 22 days and attendance of the final weekend is compulsory. If you miss more than 2 days due to ill health or unforeseen circumstances arrangements can be made for you to attend the following year.
Successful completion of application form and interview PLUS degree or other demonstration of post-graduate ability. We operate a very active Diversity, Inclusion & Social Justice Policy, so if you do not have a first degree, contact us to find out how you may be able to demonstrate eligibility through your work experience and applied skills.
We also have many participants on this training module who have completed counselling, psychotherapy and coaching courses with other organizations and are converting to a Psychotherapy dedicated training track with UKCP Accreditation in mind.
Call 020 8983 9699 or email email@example.com