APPLY NOW FOR NEXT COURSE STARTING APRIL 2021
New to psychotherapy training? Looking to broaden your existing skills, qualifications and professional options? Would you like to become a Psychotherapist? Would you like to achieve UKCP Accreditation?
The BeeLeaf Certificate in Skills & Principles of Contemporary Psychotherapy is a 22-day unit of our Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy and provides the FIRST STEP on the path to becoming a UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist, and may also be enjoyed as a standalone course.
When you have completed the Certificate in Skills & Principles of Contemporary Psychotherapy you may choose to continue on your training path with BeeLeaf to become a UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist and most importantly, to develop the unique Psychotherapist that only you can be.
Like to find out more before submitting an application? BOOK a live Taster Session by Zoom
Where, when, how much?
Where & When
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, some of our training takes place at a spacious venue close to BeeLeaf House London E3 5AX. Nearest tube Mile End. Free parking at weekends. Some training takes place live online using Zoom.
11 Modules (22-days Sat/Sun 9:30am – 5:30pm) starting 24th April 2021
Module 1 24th & 25th April 2021 Live online
Module 2 22nd & 23rd May 2021 In person at venue in London E3
Module 3 26th & 27th June 2021 Live online
Module 4 24th & 25th July 2021 In person at venue in London E3
BREAK FOR AUGUST
Module 5 4th & 5th September 2021 In person at venue in London E3
Module 6 9th & 10th October 2021 Live online
Module 7 6th & 7th November 2021 In person at venue in London E3
Module 8 4th & 5th December 2021 Live online
Module 9 8th & 9th January 2022 In person at venue in London E3
Module 10 5th & 6th February 2022 Live online
FINAL Module 5th & 6th March 2022 In person at venue in London E3
Application deadline 24th March 2021 subject to availability of places
Scroll down and click the ‘apply’ button and you will be guided through a secure online application form. Once completed you will be asked to pay the £50 application fee.
STAGE 1 Submit completed application form online. (Allow approximately 45 minutes to complete the whole form at once as it is not possible to save for completion later).
- You must provide 2 professional references within 7 days of submitting your online application using the Reference Form that can be downloaded here: Reference Form October 2020. The first referee should be your current or most recent employer / manager / supervisor / tutor of a course you have attended /colleague where you volunteer / community leader of group you attend / client if you are self employed. The second referee can be a previous employer / manager / supervisor / tutor of a course you have attended / colleague where you volunteer / community leader of group you attend / client if you are self employed. We cannot accept References from friends & family.
STAGE 2 If your written application is successful you will be invited to attend an individual interview online using Zoom. This will last for up to one hour and will be with 2 senior members of our team. This is a supportive process during which we establish if this is the right course for you and where appropriate how we may be able to count some of your existing qualifications towards our final qualification.
STAGE 3 We will contact you with the outcome of the interview. Any offer of a place is subject to provision of satisfactory references. You will also be required to complete an Enrolment Form and make appropriate payment of fees before we can confirm your place.
Application & Interview Fee £50 payable prior to your application being processed (via Paypal using debit/credit carder Paypal).
Standard Course Fee £3,600. Pay deposit of £360 then balance of £3,240 by 10 monthly instalments of £324
Discounted Fee £3,300 when you pay in full before course start date.
Course fee payable by Direct bank transfer. Bank details will be provided on the course enrolment form and invoice.
As part of the home assignments you will be required to watch films which are available through online platforms such as Amazon and Netflix. Budget for approximately £15 – £30 in total. Training manuals are included in the course fee and there is optional reading in addition to this.
- 22-days experiential training in person and live by Zoom
- Award of Certificate in Skills & Principles of Contemporary Psychotherapy upon successful completion of training
- Fully comprehensive colourful learning materials published by BeeLeaf in printed and pdf format
- Additional online resources
- Regular feedback
- Ongoing assessment & final assessments and certification
- Student Membership of the BeeLeaf Register; Community for Contemporary Psychotherapy (CCP). By agreeing to the BeeLeaf Codes of Ethics & procedures upon enrolment students are placed on the BeeLeaf Register.
- Opportunity to become a Student Member of UKCP for free
- Members only area of Website
Terms & Conditions
Cancellation by You BEFORE the Course Start Date
If you cancel within 14 days of confirmation of enrolment you will receive a full refund. No further fees will be due. You will not be refunded the £50 application fee.
If you cancel more than 14 days after confirmation of enrolment and before the course start date you will be charged 60% of the total course fee. No further fees will be due.
Cancellation by you AFTER the course start date
If you cancel on or after the course start date the fees are due in full.
Cancellation by BeeLeaf
We reserve the right to cancel this course where due to circumstances outside of our reasonable control (including, but not limited to, insufficient number of students enrolled for the course) it would not be possible to deliver the course to a satisfactory standard. We shall have no liability for direct or indirect losses or costs which you may incur due to such cancellation. In these circumstances you will be offered a full refund, or you may choose to accept an alternative course that we may offer.
Teaching & Learning
The Year One Syllabus is a life-changing journey that focuses on building your Self-Relationship. In a highly experiential format, you will discover which principles internalise and authenticate your deeper communication with yourself and others. Practical exercises will open up access to a range of skills that will enhance healing, relationships, confidence, creativity and learning. Different theoretical sources will ground our learning in a flexible and cogent model of Contemporary Psychotherapy.
Together we will reclaim and develop our abilities to:
- Hone your senses to fine-tune your awareness of all types of communication.
- Optimise verbal and non-verbal communication for deeper understanding.
- Understand how your mind owns, creates and responds to the past, present and the future.
- Develop the Five Subjective Activities that enable organic facilitation of psychological growth and healing.
- Embrace, cultivate and manage dynamic emotional and mental states.
- Establish more natural rapport with more people.
- Strengthen therapeutic alliance and appropriate boundaries.
- Hold yourself and others without judgment so that emotions can be processed compassionately and authentically.
- Identify more accurately what motivates individuals, families and organisations.
- Master the art of asking helpful questions and understand why some questions close down a healthy dialogue.
- Acquire more refined skills in values aligned assessment, so presenting issues open pathways for healing.
- Learn how to facilitate ecological, client generated process with greater effectiveness.
- Utilise naturally occurring altered states of awareness for access to greater inner resources.
- Learn how behavioural change and unconscious integration support and generate each other.
- Access natural creativity and problem solving patterns, yours and others’.
- Generate confidence and resourcefulness, even within challenging environments.
- Enjoy the art of Ericksonian Hypno-Psychotherapy.
- Learn from the unique brilliance of yourself and others.
- Take a step on the path to becoming an Accredited Psychotherapist.
Teaching & Learning
- This training set at high challenge level within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- The training involves exercises in pairs & small groups, live practical demonstrations & theoretical input, when working online and in person.
- Group size is limited to 16 participants to ensure maximum support for Trainees.
- Information rich colourful training materials published by BeeLeaf and additional digital resources are included in the course fee.
- The assessment procedures are designed to provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge, understanding and skills, recognise areas of strength and achievement and receive feedback in areas where you can achieve improvement.
Assessment is ongoing and includes:
- Presentation of a Personal Learning Portfolio
- Practical assessment within a group
- Written home study assignments. We recommend you allow about 3 – 5 hours per week.
Your Trainers may also suggest helpful tasks for you individually, to support you in fully capitalising on your talents and goals.
To be eligible for Assessment and Certification attendance is essential for a minimum of 20 of the 22 days and attendance of the first and final weekend is compulsory. If you miss more than 2 days due to ill health or unforeseen circumstances arrangements can be made for you to attend the following year.
- Successful completion of application form & fee and interview
- You must provide 2 professional references within 7 days of submitting your online application using the Reference Form that can be downloaded from our Reference Form October 2020 The first referee should be your current or most recent employer / manager / supervisor / tutor of a course you have attended /colleague where you volunteer / community leader of group you attend / client if you are self employed. The second referee can be a previous employer / manager / supervisor / tutor of a course you have attended / colleague where you volunteer / community leader of group you attend / client if you are self employed. We cannot accept References from friends & family.
- Degree or other demonstration of post-graduate ability. We operate a very active Diversity, Inclusion & Social Justice Policy, so if you do not have a degree, contact us to find out how you may be able to demonstrate eligibility through your work experience and applied skills.
We also have many participants on this training who have completed counselling, psychotherapy and coaching courses with other organizations and are converting to a Psychotherapy dedicated training track with UKCP Accreditation in mind.