APRIL 2020 COURSE NOW FULL
New details for the next course start date will be available here soon.
New to psychotherapy training? Looking to broaden your existing skills, qualifications and professional options? Would you like to become a Psychotherapist? Would you like to achieve UKCP Accreditation?
The BeeLeaf Certificate in Skills & Principles of Contemporary Psychotherapy is a 22-day course (one weekend per month) and provides the FIRST STEP on the path to becoming a UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist.
This course is one unit of our Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy. It may also be enjoyed as a standalone course.
If you already a Mental Health Professional, Counsellor, Therapist or Coach looking for additional skills and recognised psychotherapy course you may be able to enrol at a more advanced stage in our training programme, depending on your current qualifications.
When you have completed the Certificate in Skills & Principles of Contemporary Psychotherapy you may choose to continue on your training path with BeeLeaf to become a UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist and most importantly, to develop the unique Psychotherapist that only you can be.
Like to find out more before submitting an application? Come to a 2-hour Evening Taster Session.
Pathway for people enrolling on their first unit of the BeeLeaf Diploma after 1st November 2019:
NOTE some units of training can be completed at different stages over the 4 years to that shown in the diagram.
If you would like any assistance get in touch using our Contact Form.
Central London E3
Venue surrounded by coffee shops, supermarkets, restaurants, canalside walks and parkland. Several public transport options and well priced accommodation available.
5 minutes walk from Mile End Tube and free parking available on weekends
Full details will be issued when you enrol
22-Days (Sat/Sun) Next Course Starts April 2020: 4/5 April 2020, 2/3 May, 6/7 June, 4/5 July, 5/6 September, 3/4 October, 7/8 November, 5/6 December, 9/10 January 2021, 6/7 February, 6/7 March.
Each day begins with registration & refreshments at 9:30am. Training runs from 10am – 5:30pm with breaks.
Application deadline 4th March 2020 subject to availability of places
Scroll down and click the ‘apply’ button and you will be guided through a secure online application form which needs to be completed in one session therefore give yourself approximately 30 – 60 minutes. Once completed you will be asked to pay the £50 application fee online.
If your written application is successful you will be invited to attend an interview with 2 senior members of our team. This is a supportive process during which we establish if this is the right course for you and where appropriate how we may be able to count some of your existing qualifications towards our final qualification.
We will then contact you with the outcome of the interview. Any offer of a place is also subject to provision of satisfactory references. In the event of your application not being successful your £50 application fee is refunded in full.
Application & Interview Fee £50 payable prior to your application being processed. This will be returned if your application is not successful.
Standard Fee £3,600. Pay deposit of £360 then balance of £3,240 by 10 monthly instalments of £324
Discounted Fee £3,300 when you pay in full before course start date.
As part of the home assignments you will be required to watch films which are available through online platforms such as Amazon and Netflix. Budget for approximately £15 – £30 in total. Training manuals are included in the course fee and there is optional reading in addition to this.
- 22 days experiential face-to-face training.
- Award of Certificate in Skills & Principles of Contemporary Psychotherapy upon successful completion of training.
- Fully comprehensive colourful learning materials published by BeeLeaf in printed and pdf format.
- Additional online resources.
- Regular feedback.
- Ongoing assessment & final assessments and certification.
- Light Refreshments (lunch not included).
- Student Membership of the BeeLeaf Register; Community for Contemporary Psychotherapy (CCP). By agreeing to the BeeLeaf Codes of Ethics & procedures upon enrolment students are placed on the BeeLeaf Register.
- Opportunity to become a Student Member of UKCP for free
- Members only area of Website.
- Membership of Closed facebook Group
Direct bank transfer. Bank details will be provided on the course enrolment form and invoice.
Payment Terms & Conditions
The Year One Syllabus is a life-changing journey that focuses on building your Self-Relationship. In a highly experiential format, you will discover which principles internalise and authenticate your deeper communication with yourself and others. Practical exercises will open up access to a range of skills that will enhance healing, relationships, confidence, creativity and learning. Different theoretical sources will ground our learning in a flexible and cogent model of Contemporary Psychotherapy.
Together we will reclaim and develop our abilities to:
- Hone your senses to fine-tune your awareness of all types of communication.
- Optimise verbal and non-verbal communication for deeper understanding.
- Understand how your mind owns, creates and responds to the past, present and the future.
- Develop the Five Subjective Activities that enable organic facilitation of psychological growth and healing.
- Embrace, cultivate and manage dynamic emotional and mental states.
- Establish more natural rapport with more people.
- Strengthen therapeutic alliance and appropriate boundaries.
- Hold yourself and others without judgment so that emotions can be processed compassionately and authentically.
- Identify more accurately what motivates individuals, families and organisations.
- Master the art of asking helpful questions and understand why some questions close down a healthy dialogue.
- Acquire more refined skills in values aligned assessment, so presenting issues open pathways for healing.
- Learn how to facilitate ecological, client generated process with greater effectiveness.
- Utilise naturally occurring altered states of awareness for access to greater inner resources.
- Learn how behavioural change and unconscious integration support and generate each other.
- Access natural creativity and problem solving patterns, yours and others’.
- Generate confidence and resourcefulness, even within challenging environments.
- Enjoy the art of Ericksonian Hypno-Psychotherapy.
- Learn from the unique brilliance of yourself and others.
- Take a step on the path to becoming an Accredited Psychotherapist.
Teaching & Learning
- This is a classroom based training set at high challenge level within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- The training involves exercises in pairs & small groups, live practical demonstrations & theoretical input.
- Group size is limited to 10 participants to ensure maximum support for Trainees.
- Information rich colourful training materials published by BeeLeaf and additional digital resources are included in the course fee.
- The assessment procedures are designed to provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge, understanding and skills, recognise areas of strength and achievement and receive feedback in areas where you can achieve improvement.
Assessment is ongoing and includes:
- Presentation of a Personal Learning Portfolio
- Practical assessment within a group
- Written home study assignments. We recommend you allow about 3 hours per week.
Your Trainer may also suggest helpful tasks for you individually, to support you in fully capitalising on your talents and goals.
To be eligible for Assessment and Certification attendance is essential for a minimum of 20 of the 22 days and attendance of the first and final weekend is compulsory. If you miss more than 2 days due to ill health or unforeseen circumstances arrangements can be made for you to attend the following year.
Successful completion of application form and interview PLUS degree or other demonstration of post-graduate ability. We operate a very active Diversity, Inclusion & Social Justice Policy, so if you do not have a degree, contact us to find out how you may be able to demonstrate eligibility through your work experience and applied skills.
We also have many participants on this training who have completed counselling, psychotherapy and coaching courses with other organizations and are converting to a Psychotherapy dedicated training track with UKCP Accreditation in mind.
You can read more about Becoming a Psychotherapist here.
Call 020 8983 9699 or email email@example.com