The Diploma is made up of several units of training as listed below and upon successful completion you may use the title Psychotherapist. It usually takes 2 – 3 years to achieve the Diploma.
Most people who complete our Diploma then choose to continue for a further 1 – 2 years with their training and clinical practice to achieve our Advanced Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy and meet further requirements to become UKCP Registered.
Diploma Units of Training
* Indicates that APL (Accredited Prior Learning) may be awarded for these training modules and therefore do not have to be undertaken with BeeLeaf.
Clinical Practice and Comparative Psychotherapy (rolling start) including a minimum of 100 hours of Supervised Clinical Practice (Clinical Supervisor fee not included in course fee. You are required to have one hour of Clinical Supervision with a Clinical Supervisor for every six hours of Clinical Practice with clients).
Most of our training takes place at BeeLeaf House London E3 5AX. Nearest tube Mile End. Free parking at weekends.
The Ethical Practice, Human Development & Sexuality and Psychopathology units of training take place at BeeLeaf House and include webinars you can watch at your own convenience.
The Clinical Practice and Comparative Psychotherapy unit of training is distance learning and clinical practice.
Each unit of the Diploma starts at a different time of year – refer to individual units (see above) for dates.
The total training fees for the Diploma are between £8,660 – £9,310 depending on (a) if you choose to pay the discounted upfront fees available and (b) if there are some units you do not have to do because we have told you your existing qualification in that subject can be counted towards our Diploma instead (APL). These are marked with an * in the above list and on the summary that can be downloaded here Becoming a UKCP Registered Psychotherapist.
All Diploma training fees PLUS fees such as personal therapy, supervision, and professional liability insurance can be downloaded here DIPLOMA AND ADVANCED DIPLOMA FEES 2018.
- At BeeLeaf, we believe that to work flexibly and ecologically, it is not enough to merely digest the content knowledge of the various techniques and procedures that make up a practitioner’s toolbox.
- We believe in a process oriented learning environment that supports the development of your communicational and reflexive skills as a practitioner. By the time you have completed a BeeLeaf course you will have developed practical skills that can be practiced within a whole variety of contexts.
- The variety of teaching methods used on our psychotherapy courses serve to support as many different learning styles as possible.
- Whilst time is given to inspirational and clarifying ‘chalk and talk’, you can be sure that live demonstrations and practical exercises are the core of the experience and contribute to making this a warm, fun and friendly environment in which to acquire your new skills.
- A combination of deductive and inductive learning assures that learning is an “inside-out-outside-in” process that combines absorption with discovery and exploration.
- Colourful training manuals published by BeeLeaf serve to enhance and enrich the learning experience that is unique to BeeLeaf.
- We have successfully
- introduced online learning to compliment some of our shorter units of training.
Certificate in Skills & Principles of Contemporary Psychotherapy
- The assessment procedures are designed to provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge, understanding and skills, recognise areas of strength and achievement and receive feedback in areas where you can achieve improvement.Assessment is ongoing and includes:
- Presentation of a Personal Learning Portfolio
- Practical assessment within a group
- Written home study assignments. We recommend you allow about 3 hours per week.
Your Trainer may also suggest helpful tasks for you individually, to support you in fully capitalising on your talents and goals.
Certificate in Contemporary Psychotherapy in Practice
- Presentation of a Personal Development Quest Project
- Ongoing practical assessment
- Submission of one 3000 word assignment
Your Trainers may also suggest helpful tasks for you individually, to support you in fully capitalising on your talents and goals.
CLINICAL ESSENTIALS: Ethical Practice, Human Development & Sexuality, Psychopathology
There is no formal assessment for each of these units however participants will be expected to watch a series of recorded webinars and video clips and engage in short self-guided activities. 90% attendence of the course is required for a certificate of attendance.
Clinical Practice and Comparative Psychotherapy
- Attendance and participation in Skype Group Tutorials, therefore you will need access to the internet.
- Successful completion of 4 written assignments, each of 3000 words plus 3 case studies.
- Successful completion of a minimum 100 hours of Supervised Clinical Practice in accordance with processes and guidance provided in the manual for this unit.
- Attendance of Clinical Supervision at a rate of 1 hour of Supervision to 6 hours of Clinical Practice.
Call 020 8983 9699 or email email@example.com