WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. NEW DATES COMING SOON.
16th & 17th February 2019 Plus Prerecorded Webinars & Activities
This professional training is for Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Coaches, Social Workers, Nurses, Teachers, Pastoral Workers and others who work within the caring professions.
You will gain an in-depth understanding of how the independence-interdependence-codependence dynamic impacts all relationships, especially relationships of care and therapeutic alliance.
You will be provided with lively information rich webinars followed by 2 days of experiential training, during which you will have an opportunity to learn inside-out, from your own human needs for intimacy, belonging, meaning, freedom and security. Practical exercises will provide opportunities for trying out applications and integrating with your existing expertise.
The Trainer Pamela Gawler-Wright expands and integrates theoretical traditions, including developmental, neurological, existential and behavioural models to bring compassionate and effective interventions to facilitate the client’s self-balancing system to greater choice and integrity.
See under ‘Teaching and Learning’ below for full syllabus
Where, when, how much?
16th & 17th February 2019 Plus Prerecorded Webinars
Each day begins with registration and refreshments at 9:30. The training begins at 10am and ends at 5pm. There are 2 short breaks and one hour for lunch.
Recorded webinars will be available for viewing from approximately one month before the face-to-face training
BeeLeaf Member Rate £345
Recorded webinars ( approx 33 and 50 minutes) that can watch at your own pace before the training weekend in London.
30 page workbook containing reading & activities you can complete at your own pace before the training weekend in London.
2 full days experiential face-to-face training (10am – 5pm) 16th & 17th February.
Group exercises, time to ask questions, live demonstrations.
Fully comprehensive workbook.
Light Refreshments (variety of teas/coffee/water/biscuits/fruit) available throughout the day (lunch not included).
Certificate of Attendance form BeeLeaf; a UKCP Accredited Organisation. Minimum of 90% course attendance required.
When you complete your online booking with us you will be redirected to the secure Paypal site. You do not need a Paypal account. You will be given the option to pay with your Paypal account OR enter your MasterCard or Visa details instead. MasterCard, Visa (debit and credit cards).
London E3 5AX
Nearest Tube/Underground: Mile End (5 minutes walk) served by Hammersmith and City, District and Central lines.
DLR Bow Road (10 minutes walk).
Train (few stops by underground or bus) Stratford International, Kings Cross St. Pancras, Euston, Paddington, Victoria.
25, 205, 277, 323, 339, 425, D6, D7
Free parking in surrounding streets on weekends.
London City, Luton, Stanstead, Gatwick, Heathrow.
All cancellations must be made in writing by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to:
BeeLeaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
34 Grove Road
If you cancel within 14 days of your booking being confirmed a refund will be given minus £100 administration charge. No refund will be given if you cancel more than 14 days after a booking has been confirmed.
In the unlikely event of BeeLeaf cancelling this training, you will be given a full refund and BeeLeaf and it’s Contractors will not be held responsible for any indirect or consequential loss you may experience. BeeLeaf reserve the right to make changes to this training event and it’s Personnel at any time.
BeeLeaf reserve the right to remove a delegate from the course at any time if it is evident that the course is unsuitable for that delegate. Under these circumstances a full refund of the course fee will be given.
Teaching & Learning
There are different descriptions of the dynamics of codependence in many models of psychotherapy. Core concepts such as attachment, fusion, individuation, transference, addiction and self-other identities all touch on the dynamics present in codependent relating.
From accepting the dynamics of human dependence as irreducible paradoxes and intersecting spectra, we will hone our sensory and emotional awareness to guide us to real-time actions and communications that promote choice, respect, healing and growth.
The later part of this course will take us into advanced interventions for working with Individuals and Couples who have experienced the chronic traumas of living apart together.
(this is not an exhaustive list and and is subject to alteration to meet the needs of course participants)
- Identifying codependence and its consequences
- Beyond 20th century pathology thinking and “selfishness”
- Codependence in Attachment, “Addiction”, Family Systems and Cognitive-Somatic Models
- Differentiating codependence, independence and interdependence
- The codependency trap in psychotherapy and counselling
- Personal exploration of relationship triggers and patterns
- Identifying which clients benefit from working on codependence
- Gaining compassionate rapport with a person who is codependent
- Understand what helps your client – and what does not help
- Staged recovery from codependence
- Moving beyond blame, shame and claim
- Releasing compulsive patterns that obstruct emotional healing
- Healthy boundaries and trigger contexts
- Healing the past, making a future, claiming the now
- Repair of identity, family and relationships
- Encouraging new experience of sustainable relating
- Understanding equality in a relationship as different from “the same as”
- Different needs, quotas and rhythms
- Why power struggles occur at times of change and no-change
- A systemic assessment tool to grow compassion, safety and possibility
- Simple strategies to move beyond Impasse
- Exploring the dynamics of trigger contexts tracking, dissolving and redirecting micro patterns of conflict
- Emergency measures that reduce emotional and physical peril during fights
- How alone-ness can lead the way to genuine intimacy
- Finding a Voice for un-named feelings and needs
- Asserting healthy boundaries and personal responsibility
Teaching & Learning
- Series of prerecorded webinars followed up with 2-days of classroom based training set at high challenge level within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- The classroom based training involves exercises in pairs & small groups, live practical demonstrations & theoretical input.
- Information rich colourful workbook published by BeeLeaf and additional digital resources are included in the course fee.
- Trainer: Pamela Gawler-Wright,
There is no formal assessment however participants will be expected to watch a series of prerecorded webinars and engage in short self-guided activities.
90% attendence of the course is required for a certificate of attendance.
This course is for people working / training in the caring professions including Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Coaches, Social Workers, Nurses, Teachers and Pastoral Workers.
You will need internet access to watch the webinars. No special software required.
Refreshing & challenging approach to working with codependency that I can use in a confident way with my clients.
Lorraine Mc Ginlay, Sex & Relationship Psychotherapist
This course was amazing! The approach, construction and delivery was unique, applicable and transformational.
Cherrelle Gayle, Business Psychologist
It is hard to say in a few words what I have gained on this training because it is so much more and on many more levels than I expected. But what I can say is that I recommend it 200% to anyone who is looking to feel inspired, motivated and energised about their therapeutic practice.
Verity Lewis, Therapeutic Coach
Pam Gawler-Wright has a fabulous style, is totally present with the group, sharing her knowledge & wisdom with great humour & energy, humility and no ego. It's a pleasure to train with her & she gently causes wonderful reflections - thank you.
Sally Vanson, Master Coach and Trainer
Left me wanting more! Simultaneously challenging and nourishing - I would make it (the course) compulsory!
Tom Corbishley, Trainee Psychotherapist
A fascinating 2-day training with a magical trainer.
Jane Cundasmy, Counsellor / Lecturer
Very engaging experiential learning. Good balance of theory input, discoveries & demonstrations.
Martina Harrison, Psychotherapist
An amazing training. I highly recommend this to others who want to learn about their own relationships and others.
Jeannie Hardy, Nurse & Trainee Psychotherapist