We are NOT currently accepting applications for this training. New details coming soon.
BeeLeaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy offers a Creative and Empowering Training on one of the key issues of our time.
With greater understanding, acceptance and visibility of gender and sexual diversities comes better professional awareness of challenges specific to these identities. Working with our clients is especially sensitive when gender and sexual identity are in conflict with other parts of self, such as faith identity, cultural interface or anatomical sex. This training will help you be a part of ending harmful practice such as “conversion” or “reparative therapy” and prepare you to contribute to better service for the infinite diversity of people.
- How does the 2nd Memorandum of Understanding on Conversion Therapy impact trainers, supervisors and general practitioners of psychotherapy and counselling?
- How do we provide safe therapeutic process to clients who, for a multitude of reasons, are in distress about being of a gender or sexual minority?
- What are the key ethical issues that, if addressed and understood, liberate an allied co-creation of a unique client-lead process?
- What skills, concepts and self-knowledge help us meet the needs of the whole person when they are torn by experiencing conflict between apparently divisive identities?
- How do we recognise that corrosive shame, self harm, rejection or being a target for violence are real threats to the client’s well-being and must be acknowledged in therapy for authentic and sustainable life choices?
- What does working with Intersectional Identity Injunctions teach us that can enhance our work with all our clients?
- How do we go forward as professionals in creating the culture change required to mend historical errors and harm in working with gender and sexual diversities?
This training is designed for qualified practitioners of counselling, psychotherapy, counselling psychology and related mental health and social work professions who have recognised why we need to review our practice to ensure non-discriminatory services that meet clients where they are. Trainees in these fields who have already acquired some knowledge and understanding of working with gender and sexual diversities are also welcome.
Pre-reading materials and video/audio clips will be provided to help build your familiarity and confidence in discussing and exploring these issues.
Come and Be Part Of…
- A safe, accepting and affirming space to explore questions, misgivings, assumptions, conflicts, confusion, creativity, liberation and healing
- Experiential and informative, including personal process, demonstrations and a rich set of theoretical resources.
- Demystification of new language and concepts so that you may confidently find your authentic voice when working with infinite diversity.
- A highly experienced training team Pamela Gawler-Wright and Igi/ Lyndsey Moon bring together many years of combined clinical practice offering learning from cases and challenges in the field.
Where, when, how much?
2 full days 16th & 17th June 2018
*Discounted Rate for Part One Participants: £220
*BeeLeaf Member Rate £199
Submission of an application form and /or payment does not constitute a booking. Bookings are not confirmed until we send you a confirmation of booking / enrolment.
London E3 5AX
Nearest Tube/Underground: Mile End (5 minutes walk) served by Hammersmith and City, District and Central lines.
DLR Bow Road (10 minutes walk).
Train (few stops by underground or bus) Stratford International, Kings Cross St. Pancras, Euston, Paddington, Victoria.
25, 205, 277, 323, 339, 425, D6, D7
Free parking in surrounding streets on weekends.
London City, Luton, Stanstead, Gatwick, Heathrow.
2 full days experiential face-to-face training.
Engaging articles and video links and practical materials to enrich your learning and confident practice.
Group exercises, time to ask questions, live demonstrations.
Fully comprehensive workbook.
Light Refreshments available throughout the day (lunch not included).
Certificate in Advanced Therapeutic Work with Gender and Sexual Diversities.
Counts as 14 hours of Accredited training with a UKCP Accredited Organisation; BeeLeaf. Minimum of 90% course attendance required.
We accept payment by Paypal, MasterCard, Visa (debit and credit cards) and Paypal.
All cancellations must be made in writing by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to:
BeeLeaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
34 Grove Road
If you cancel within 14 days of your booking being confirmed a full refund will be given. No refund will be given if you cancel more than 14 days after a booking has been confirmed.
In the unlikely event of BeeLeaf cancelling this training, you will be given a full refund and BeeLeaf and it’s Contractors will not be held responsible for any indirect or consequential loss you may experience. BeeLeaf reserve the right to make changes to this training event and it’s Personnel at any time.
BeeLeaf reserve the right to remove a delegate from the course at any time if it is evident that the course is unsuitable for that delegate. Under these circumstances a full refund of the course fee will be given.
Teaching & Learning
You will be offered advanced theory, ethical guidance and practice models to support:
- Compassion and empathy for those affected by their own or another’s gender or sexual identity
- Preparation to work competently and ethically with the person who experiences conflict with their gender identity or sexual orientation
- Understanding of the therapeutic alliance with the person who seeks “change” in one or more of these aspects of themselves
- Self-awareness when your own biases, whether affirmative or conflicting, can compromise the client’s unfolding process
- Flexibility in engaging with contrasting models and beliefs about fixed and fluid aspects of identity
- Familiarity and confidence in navigating ethical questions and dilemmas experienced by you and/or your client
- Freedom from myths and misunderstandings perpetuated by reactive media and politics around gender and sexuality identities and options
- Skills development in formulating and offering a therapeutic journey with your client in realising their values and well-being
- Possibilities of utilising distinct and integrated models of working with people who experience Intersectional Identity Injunctions
Teaching & Learning
- This is a classroom based training set at high challenge level within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- The training involves exercises in pairs & small groups, live practical demonstrations & theoretical input.
- Information rich colourful training materials published by BeeLeaf and additional digital resources are included in the course fee.
- Trainers for Part Two: Pamela Gawler-Wright, Igi/Lyndsey Moon.
No formal assessment. Minimum of 90% course attendance required for Certificate of Attendance of 14 hours of accredited training with a UKCP Accredited Organisation.
For Qualified and Experienced Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Coaches and Mental Health Workers and/or those who have attended Part One of the BeeLeaf Gender and Sexual Diversities Series.
Requisites for attendance include an open mind and a willingness to explore. A sense of humour is desirable.