5 full days 16th – 20th July 2018
This 5-day experiential training is week one of our 6TH ANNUAL SUMMER SCHOOL for Psychotherapists, Counsellors and other Mental Health Professionals.
The effects of trauma are so often expressed as destructive symptoms and beliefs that clients may seek to “get rid of” or “learn to put up with”. This internal conflict against one’s own self-preserving patterning can perpetuate rather than alleviate suffering.
In the 21st Century we have a better understanding than ever before of the impact of trauma on the developing brain and what makes healing, growth and restructuring possible and likely. Understanding the mind-body system as a life-seeking whole can open up pathways to expression and healing that are not available through purely cognitive or analytic approaches.
A greater sensitivity to somatic awareness will enable trainees to attend respectfully to a client’s physical, cognitive and emotional states, and their wider context. Understanding dissociative and re-associative process can help put the client back in their seat of natural power to restore, resolve and find meaning in all of life’s experiences.
You can complete this course as Accredited Continuing Professional Development, as a module of our Advanced Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy, and as core training for those working towards UKCP Registration through BeeLeaf.
London E3 5AX
Nearest Tube/Underground: Mile End (5 minutes walk) served by Hammersmith and City, District and Central lines.
DLR Bow Road (10 minutes walk).
Train (few stops by underground or bus) Stratford International, Kings Cross St. Pancras, Euston, Paddington, Victoria.
25, 205, 277, 323, 339, 425, D6, D7
Free parking in surrounding streets on weekends.
London City, Luton, Stanstead, Gatwick, Heathrow.
5 full days 16th – 20th July 2018
- 5 full days experiential face-to-face training with limited group size.
- Engaging articles and video links and practical materials to enrich your learning and confident practice.
- Group exercises, time to ask questions, live demonstrations.
- Fully comprehensive workbook.
- Light Refreshments available throughout the day (lunch not included).
- Certificate of Attendance. Counts as 35 hours of Accredited training with a UKCP Accredited Organisation; BeeLeaf. Minimum of 90% course attendance required.
We accept payment by Paypal, MasterCard, Visa (debit and credit cards) and Paypal.
All cancellations must be made in writing by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to:
BeeLeaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
34 Grove Road
If you cancel within 14 days of your booking being confirmed a full refund will be given. No refund will be given if you cancel more than 14 days after a booking has been confirmed.
In the unlikely event of BeeLeaf cancelling this training, you will be given a full refund and BeeLeaf and it’s Contractors will not be held responsible for any indirect or consequential loss you may experience. BeeLeaf reserve the right to make changes to this training event and it’s Personnel at any time.
BeeLeaf reserve the right to remove a delegate from the course at any time if it is evident that the course is unsuitable for that delegate. Under these circumstances a full refund of the course fee will be given.
- Assess when trauma may be core to a client’s presenting issues
- Understand the connections between trauma and other processes such as dependencies, obsessions and compulsions
- Frame and explain the process of trauma and routes to recovery
- Create the therapeutic conditions necessary to encourage innate mind-body healing processes
- Identify how those healing processes can become blocked
- Understand why talking is not enough to heal trauma and loss
- Gain a better understanding of the help-or-hindrance of transference processes in the therapeutic relationship
- Help clients who have experienced pain to find that therapy can be empowering, safe & joyous
- Recognise the impact of trauma on attachment and brain development
- Differentiate fight, flight, freeze, fold and flow responses
- Give clients the tools to manage dissociated or panic states
- Attend to the importance of self-relation and meaning-making
- Discover how our cognitive and emotional bodies work with metaphor and narrative
- Learn a highly effective protocol for working with one-off traumatic events
- Learn how to enrich this working protocol to engage at the deeper levels of complex trauma
- Support the re-emergence of self-worth and resiience
- Activate brain restructuring through the natural processes of play and storytelling
- Follow client cases that go beyond suffering and survival to strength and self-discovery
Teaching & Learning
- This is a classroom based training set at high challenge level within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- The training involves exercises in pairs & small groups, live practical demonstrations & theoretical input.
- Group size is limited to 10 participants to ensure maximum support for Trainees.
- Information rich colourful workbook published by BeeLeaf and additional digital resources are included in the course fee.
- Trainers: Pamela Gawler-Wright
No formal assessment. Minimum of 90% course attendance required for Certificate of Attendance of 35 hours of accredited training with BeeLeaf; a UKCP Accredited Organisation.
This event is specifically for Counsellors and Psychotherapists who have completed or are completing a qualifying Diploma, especially those who want to add experiential learning to their existing theory base or those who wish to grow in their understanding of supportive theory for their acquired practical skills.
Call 020 8983 9699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org