DUE TO COVID-19 THIS COURSE WILL NOT TAKE PLACE IN 2020
This 5-day experiential training is week two of our 8TH ANNUAL SUMMER SCHOOL for Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Coaches, other Mental Health Professionals and Trainees in these fields.
Staying in relationship with ourselves requires openness to the emotional, physical and mental tides of being human. Anxiety and depression are two labels given to the most painful human experiences. They are interconnected both experientially and neurologically – and necessary to being and staying alive.
Anxiety and depression are often residual of trauma and nearly always present in addiction and dependency. Attending to these inner messages can transform them into teachers on our individual journey to resilience, compassion and meaningful purpose in our lives.
Over the course you will learn tried and tested approaches to wholistically activate and support recovery from life-compromising depression and anxiety. As we understand more about the human system’s ability to rebalance and self-regulate we are empowered as practitioners to be of even more help to those who seek a better quality of daily life and personal empowerment.
You can complete this course as Accredited Continuing Professional Development, as a module of our Advanced Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy, and as core training for those working towards UKCP Registration through BeeLeaf.
Anxiety & Depression Course Guide 2020 (including details of route to UKCP Accreditation)
Where, when, how much?
5-Days 10th – 14th August 2020 10am – 5pm
Booking Deadline 28th July 2020 Subject to Availability of Places
BeeLeaf Members £570
Submission of an application form and /or payment does not constitute a booking. Bookings are not confirmed until we send you a confirmation of booking / enrolment.
- 5 full days experiential face-to-face training with limited group size.
- Engaging articles and video links and practical materials to enrich your learning and confident practice.
- Group exercises, time to ask questions, live demonstrations.
- Fully comprehensive workbook.
- Light Refreshments available throughout the day (lunch not included).
- Certificate of Attendance. Counts as 35 hours of Accredited training with a UKCP Accredited Organisation; BeeLeaf. Minimum of 90% course attendance required.
London E3 5AX
We accept payment online by Paypal, MasterCard, Visa (debit and credit cards) and Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account.
All cancellations must be made in writing by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to:
BeeLeaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
34 Grove Road
If you cancel your place within 14 days of your enrolment being confirmed by us you will receive a refund minus a charge for any services / goods already supplied to you up until date of receipt of cancellation from you. This amount is calculated on the basis of the total price of the course. We count the date of enrolment as being from the date we send an email to you with confirmation of booking / enrolment.
In the unlikely event of BeeLeaf cancelling this training, you will be given a full refund and BeeLeaf and it’s Contractors will not be held responsible for any indirect or consequential loss you may experience. BeeLeaf reserve the right to make changes to this training event and it’s Personnel at any time.
BeeLeaf reserve the right to remove a delegate from the course at any time if it is evident that the course is unsuitable for that delegate. Under these circumstances a full refund of the course fee will be given.
Teaching & Learning
Throughout this course you will gain a theoretical and experiential learning, integrating relational and outcome oriented priorities according to a client’s growing connection to self and environment. You will explore some of the core effective components of diverse therapeutic possibilities, including the helpful and problematic aspects of setting goals, re-opening sensory feedback systems, self-induced states of relaxation and developing autonomous decision making. MIndfulness and Ericksonian approaches will be explored along with other Social & Interpersonal models of psychotherapy.
- Identify and demystify with the client their inner experience of depression and anxiety.
- Integrate personalised assessment as relationship-building process
- Combine supportive assurance with recognition of the client’s self-efficacy.
- Compassionately understand the inner dynamics of feeling “stuck”, “hopeless” and “unable”.
- Engage with the socio-political frustrations that drain hope, power and security.
- Helpfully attend to connected processes such as trauma, compulsion and dependency.
- Embrace and safely hold processes of breaking down to break through
- Embrace the wide spectra of human emotion.
- Utilise past causes to integrate a meaningful narrative and sustainable sense of self.
- Model how subjective constructs of the past-present-future continuum impact thinking.
- Connect your empathic observations of the individual with researched neurological patterns.
- Track and make use of manifestations such as panic attacks, socio-phobia and unrealistic pessimism.
- Develop crucial skills in facilitating greater relaxation, self-expression, confidence and concentration.
- Engage the “unconscious mind” to reconcile inner conflicts, paradoxes and self-defeating behaviours.
- Understand why reflective conversation alone may not be enough to relieve depression and anxiety.
- Help clients to live life more fully and be at greater peace with themselves and the world.
Teaching & Learning
- This is a classroom based training set at high challenge level within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- The training involves exercises in pairs & small groups, live practical demonstrations & theoretical input.
- Group size is limited to 10 participants to ensure maximum support for Trainees.
- Information rich colourful workbook published by BeeLeaf and additional digital resources are included in the course fee.
- Trainers: Pamela Gawler-Wright, Julie Sale
No formal assessment. Minimum of 90% course attendance required for Certificate of Attendance of 35 hours of accredited training with BeeLeaf; a UKCP Accredited Organisation.
This event is specifically for Counsellors and Psychotherapists who have completed or are completing a qualifying Diploma, especially those who want to add experiential learning to their existing theory base or those who wish to grow in their understanding of supportive theory for their acquired practical skills.