5 full days 12th – 16th August 2019
Booking Deadline 29th July 2019
This 5-day experiential training is week 3 of our 7TH ANNUAL SUMMER SCHOOL for Psychotherapists, Counsellors and other Mental Health Professionals. It explores applications in both group and individual psychotherapy settings and the therapist’s role in the dependency matrix. You will come away with a practical, empathic and greater spiritual understanding of “the addict” and their journey from psychic ruin to sustainable recovery. Participants can look forward to learning from participants and trainers from a variety of modalities and to being encouraged to consolidate their application of theory to flexibly effective practice.
This course may be attended as a stand-alone event or learning can be enhanced by integrating with further units in our Advanced Diploma in the related subjects of Trauma and Anxiety & Depression.
5 full days 12th – 16th August 2019, 10am – 5pm
BeeLeaf Members £570
Submission of an application form and /or payment does not constitute a booking. Bookings are not confirmed until we send you a confirmation of booking / enrolment.
- 5 full days experiential face-to-face training with limited group size.
- Engaging articles and video links and practical materials to enrich your learning and confident practice.
- Group exercises, time to ask questions, live demonstrations.
- Fully comprehensive workbook.
- Light Refreshments available throughout the day (lunch not included).
- Certificate of Attendance. Counts as 35 hours of Accredited training with a UKCP Accredited Organisation; BeeLeaf. Minimum of 90% course attendance required.
Nearest Tube/Underground: Mile End (5 minutes walk) served by Hammersmith and City, District and Central lines.DLR Bow Road (10 minutes walk).
Train (few stops by underground or bus) Stratford International, Kings Cross St. Pancras, Euston, Paddington, Victoria.
25, 205, 277, 323, 339, 425, D6, D7
Free parking in surrounding streets on weekends.
London City, Luton, Stanstead, Gatwick, Heathrow.
We accept payment online by Paypal, MasterCard, Visa (debit and credit cards) and Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account.
All cancellations must be made in writing by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to:
BeeLeaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
34 Grove Road
If you cancel your place within 14 days of your enrolment being confirmed by us you will receive a refund minus a charge for any services / goods already supplied to you up until date of receipt of cancellation from you. This amount is calculated on the basis of the total price of the course. We count the date of enrolment as being from the date we send an email to you with confirmation of booking / enrolment.
In the unlikely event of BeeLeaf cancelling this training, you will be given a full refund and BeeLeaf and it’s Contractors will not be held responsible for any indirect or consequential loss you may experience. BeeLeaf reserve the right to make changes to this training event and it’s Personnel at any time.
BeeLeaf reserve the right to remove a delegate from the course at any time if it is evident that the course is unsuitable for that delegate. Under these circumstances a full refund of the course fee will be given.
- Recognising and understanding the process called “addiction”
- Implementing psycho-socio-bio-eco models of dependency
- Understanding why clients with dependency need something more from psychotherapy
- Identify the most common error of well-meaning psychotherapists and counselors which can perpetuate the system of pain
- Engaging with the client’s denial and motivation to engage in healing
- Understanding the emotional syndrome of pain, shame, craving and lapse
- Identifying crises and cravings as opportunities for healing
- Locating addiction within family systems and attachment patterning
- Activating Interpersonal and Social healing systems
- What key figures such as Jung, Bateson and Erickson contributed to and took from recovery culture
- The place of interventions such as Motivational Interviewing, CBT, Group Therapy, 12 Step Psychology, Storytelling and Psychodynamics
- Considering Codependence as the underlying driver of unhealthy dependencies
- Enhancing relationship with self, other and world as the site of recovery
- Addressing the trauma of addiction
- Sustaining recovery and utilising challenges for further growth
- Reflecting on the “better than well” phenomenon of successful recovery – what does this offer our understanding of being human
- Applying the Continuous Becoming model in Addiction and Recovery
Teaching & Learning
- This is a classroom based training set at high challenge level within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- The training involves exercises in pairs & small groups, live practical demonstrations & theoretical input.
- Group size is limited to 10 participants to ensure maximum support for Trainees.
- Information rich colourful workbook published by BeeLeaf and additional digital resources are included in the course fee.
- Trainers: Pamela Gawler-Wright
No formal assessment. Minimum of 90% course attendance required for Certificate of Attendance of 35 hours of accredited training with BeeLeaf; a UKCP Accredited Organisation.
This course is for Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Hypnotherapists, Coaches, Psychologists, Nurses, Drug & Alcohol Workers, and for all Professionals wanting to enrich their current knowledge, understanding and skills in their work with addictions and dependency issues.
You can attend this training as Continuing Professional Development and as a module of our Advanced Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy.
Call 020 8983 9699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org