Book Now for 2nd – 6th August 2021
This 5-day training is also a Unit of the BeeLeaf Advanced Diploma
This 5-day training explores applications in both group and individual psychotherapy settings and the therapist’s role in the dependency matrix. You will come away with a practical, empathic and greater spiritual understanding of “the addict” and their journey from psychic ruin to sustainable recovery. Participants can look forward to learning from participants and trainers from a variety of modalities and to being encouraged to consolidate their application of theory to flexibly effective practice.
Where, when, how much?
Where & When
Booking Deadline 13th July 2021 Subject to Availability of Places
This course will take place at a spacious well ventilated training venue within walking distance of BeeLeaf, London E3. Nearest tube Mile End. Full address details will be provided with booking.
5 Days 2nd – 6th August 2021 Each day runs from 10am – 5:30pm
BeeLeaf Members £570 Pay £150 deposit with booking. Balance of £420 due by 13th July 2021.
Standard £595 Pay £150 deposit with booking. Balance of £445 due by 13th July 2021.
Submission of an application form and /or payment does not constitute a booking. Bookings are not confirmed until we send you a confirmation of booking / enrolment.
- 5 full days experiential in-person training with group size limit of 16 delegates.
- Engaging articles and video links and practical materials to enrich your learning and confident practice.
- Group exercises, time to ask questions, live demonstrations.
- Fully comprehensive workbook.
- Certificate of Attendance. Counts as 35 hours of Accredited training with a UKCP Accredited Organisation; BeeLeaf. Minimum of 90% course attendance required.
- Membership of the BeeLeaf Register; Community for Contemporary Psychotherapy (CCP) is NOT included
- Drinking water is freely available however lunch and other refreshments are NOT included
We accept payment of deposit online by Paypal, MasterCard, Visa (debit and credit cards) and Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account. Balance will be payable on invoice by direct bank payment.
Terms & Conditions
All cancellations must be made in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
BeeLeaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
34 Grove Road
OR Download Cancellation Form HERE.
If you cancel your place within 14 days of your enrolment being confirmed by us you will receive a full refund. Fees are not transferable.
We count the date of enrolment as being from the date we send an email to you with confirmation of booking / enrolment.
If you cancel your place more than 14 days after your enrolment being confirmed by us and before the course start date, you will receive a refund minus your deposit of £150.
If you cancel your place more than 14 days after your enrolment being confirmed by us and after the course start date no refund will be given.
Cancellations by You Due to Covid-19
You will receive a FULL refund if it becomes necessary for you to cancel on or before the course start date because your attendance is prohibited due to government public health measures and advice around Covid-19 (for example if you have tested positive for Covid-19, are self-isolating, restricted by lockdown).
Cancellation by Us
We reserve the right to make changes or cancel this course where due to circumstances outside of our reasonable control (including, but not limited to, insufficient number of students enrolled for the course) it would not be possible to deliver the course to a satisfactory standard. We shall have no liability for direct or indirect losses or costs which you may incur due to such cancellation. In these circumstances we will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible of such changes and you will be offered a full refund, or you may choose to accept an alternative course that we may offer.
BeeLeaf reserve the right to remove a delegate from the course at any time if it is evident that the course is unsuitable for that delegate. Under these circumstances a full refund of the course fee will be given.
Please READ the following before submitting a booking form.
Teaching & Learning
(Subject to Update)
- Recognising and understanding the process called “addiction”
- Implementing psycho-socio-bio-eco models of dependency
- Understanding why clients with dependency need something more from psychotherapy
- Identify the most common error of well-meaning psychotherapists and counselors which can perpetuate the system of pain
- Engaging with the client’s denial and motivation to engage in healing
- Understanding the emotional syndrome of pain, shame, craving and lapse
- Identifying crises and cravings as opportunities for healing
- Locating addiction within family systems and attachment patterning
- Activating Interpersonal and Social healing systems
- What key figures such as Jung, Bateson and Erickson contributed to and took from recovery culture
- The place of interventions such as Motivational Interviewing, CBT, Group Therapy, 12 Step Psychology, Storytelling and Psychodynamics
- Considering Codependence as the underlying driver of unhealthy dependencies
- Enhancing relationship with self, other and world as the site of recovery
- Addressing the trauma of addiction
- Sustaining recovery and utilising challenges for further growth
- Reflecting on the “better than well” phenomenon of successful recovery – what does this offer our understanding of being human
- Applying the Continuous Becoming model in Addiction and Recovery
Teaching & Learning
- This is an in-person training set at high challenge level within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- The training involves exercises in pairs & small groups, live practical demonstrations & theoretical input.
- Group size is limited to 16 participants to ensure maximum support for Trainees.
- Information rich colourful workbook published by BeeLeaf and additional digital resources are included in the course fee.
- Trainers: Pamela Gawler-Wright
No formal assessment. Minimum of 90% course attendance required for Certificate of Attendance of 35 hours of accredited training with BeeLeaf; a UKCP Accredited Organisation.
This course is for Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Hypnotherapists, Coaches and all Mental Health Professionals wanting to enrich their current knowledge, understanding and skills in their work with addictions and dependency issues.
You can attend this training as Continuing Professional Development and as a unit of our Advanced Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy.