ENROL NOW FOR 10th & 11th April 2021
Booking Deadline 26th March 2021 subject to availability
This unit is a part of the BeeLeaf Clinical Essentials series which specifically cover key topics and issues that are necessary for safe, effective and ethical practice with members of the public.
The professional Psychotherapy practitioner is obliged to develop an understanding of legal and ethical imperatives regarding issues of difference around race, culture, faith, sexuality, gender, gender identity, body type, relationship style, family configurations and age.
This course, however, provides you so much more than mere compliance with practice codes. It will offer a creative and safe space to explore how issues of power and belonging impact the therapeutic relationship at the deepest levels.
Where, when, how much?
Live on Zoom
2-days 10th & 11 April 2021 live online using Zoom plus recorded webinars and activities you will need to engage with beforehand at your own pace.
Booking Deadline 26th March 2021 Subject to Availability of Places
Standard Fee £470
BeeLeaf Member Rate £420
Submission of an application form and /or payment does not constitute a booking. Bookings are not confirmed until we send you a confirmation of booking / enrolment.
Pre-Study – Approximately 12 hours
Readings, Reflective Exercises and Videos to prepare you to get the most from classroom time
Group Training live online by Zoom 2-Days (Sat/Sun 9:30am – 5:30pm)
Certificate of Attendance of 24 hours of training/CPD
Membership of the BeeLeaf Register; Community for Contemporary Psychotherapy (CCP) is NOT included
We accept payment by Paypal, MasterCard, Visa (debit and credit cards) all through Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account to use this service.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
All cancellations must be made in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
BeeLeaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
34 Grove Road
OR Download Cancellation Form HERE.
If you cancel within 14 days of your booking being confirmed a refund will be given minus the cost of any course materials in any format already provided to you. No refund will be given if you cancel more than 14 days after a booking has been confirmed.
In the unlikely event of BeeLeaf cancelling this training, you will be given a full refund and BeeLeaf and it’s Contractors will not be held responsible for any indirect or consequential loss you may experience. BeeLeaf reserve the right to make changes to this training event and it’s Personnel at any time.
BeeLeaf reserve the right to remove a delegate from the course at any time if it is evident that the course is unsuitable for that delegate. Under these circumstances a full refund of the course fee will be given.
Teaching & Learning
Opening perception to the dynamics of difference and inequality is a life-changing journey. This challenging exploration can breathe new life into your relationships with clients, colleagues and with yourself. What can begin as a deep challenge will swiftly develop into a liberation, freeing up your understanding, confidence and effectiveness as a professional and broadening the scope of clients you can effectively serve.
- Conscious and unconscious systems of Privilege, Inequality and Disadvantage
- Impacts of Exclusion Trauma and Minority Stress on Mental Health
- How these dynamics and differentials play out in the therapeutic relationship
- Recognising Unconscious Bias in ourselves and others
- Specific clinical issues arising from difference, marginalisation and oppression
- Core concepts and guidelines for respectful, creative, co-created alliance across socially and politically impacting differences
- How to include and engage in the therapeutic alliance with experiences of marginalisation
- Strengths and Limits of Cultural Competency and Cultural Humility Models
- Preparing for the real-life challenges of ethical practice in a diverse world
The syllabus is subject to update
Teaching & Learning
- Series of webinars and activities followed up with 2-days of live interactive learning using Zoom, set at high challenge level within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- The training involves exercises in pairs & small groups, live practical demonstrations & theoretical input.
- Additional digital resources are included in the course fee.
- Trainers: Pamela Gawler-Wright, Cynthia Mitchell
There is no formal assessment however participants will be expected to watch a series of recorded webinars and video clips PLUS engage in short self-guided activities. Attendance of this unit of training including pre-study provides a total of 24 training hours towards our UKCP pathway for Accreditation as an adult Psychotherapist.
- This training is for Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Coaches and Trainees in these fields. It is a Unit of the BeeLeaf Diploma.
- You will be required to watch all webinars / complete reading and written activities and attend the 2 days of live online training by Zoom. You will need access to a computer device (PC or Mac), with good internet connection, camera, sound & earphones. See more about using Zoom here.