This unit is a part of the BeeLeaf Clinical Essentials series which specifically cover key topics and issues that are necessary for safe, effective and ethical practice with members of the public.
The professional Psychotherapy practitioner is obliged to develop an understanding of legal and ethical imperatives regarding issues of difference around race, culture, faith, sexuality, gender, gender identity, body type, relationship style, family configurations and age.
This course, however, provides you so much more than mere compliance with practice codes. It will offer a creative and safe space to explore how issues of power and belonging impact the therapeutic relationship at the deepest levels.
Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic this training will take place live using Zoom.
2 full days 27th and 28th June 2020 plus recorded webinars and activities you will need to engage with beforehand
Booking Deadline 20th June 2020 Subject to Availability of Places
Standard Fee £470
BeeLeaf Member Rate £420
Submission of an application form and /or payment does not constitute a booking. Bookings are not confirmed until we send you a confirmation of booking / enrolment.
Nearest Tube/Underground: Mile End (5 minutes walk) served by Hammersmith and City, District and Central lines.
DLR Bow Road (10 minutes walk).
Train (few stops by underground or bus) Stratford International, Kings Cross St. Pancras, Euston, Paddington, Victoria.
25, 205, 277, 323, 339, 425, D6, D7
Free parking in surrounding streets on weekends.
London City, Luton, Stanstead, Gatwick, Heathrow.
Pre-Study – Approximately 12 hours
Readings, Reflective Exercises and Videos to prepare you to get the most from classroom time
Group Training – 2 Days (One Weekend)
Certificate of Attendance of 24 hours of training/CPD
We accept payment by Paypal, MasterCard, Visa (debit and credit cards) all through Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account to use this service.
All cancellations must be made in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
BeeLeaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
34 Grove Road
If you cancel within 14 days of your booking being confirmed a refund will be given minus the cost of any course materials in any format already provided to you. No refund will be given if you cancel more than 14 days after a booking has been confirmed.
In the unlikely event of BeeLeaf cancelling this training, you will be given a full refund and BeeLeaf and it’s Contractors will not be held responsible for any indirect or consequential loss you may experience. BeeLeaf reserve the right to make changes to this training event and it’s Personnel at any time.
BeeLeaf reserve the right to remove a delegate from the course at any time if it is evident that the course is unsuitable for that delegate. Under these circumstances a full refund of the course fee will be given.
Opening perception to the dynamics of difference and inequality is a life-changing journey. This challenging exploration can breathe new life into your relationships with clients, colleagues and with yourself. What can begin as a deep challenge will swiftly develop into a liberation, freeing up your understanding, confidence and effectiveness as a professional and broadening the scope of clients you can effectively serve.
- Conscious and unconscious systems of Privilege, Inequality and Disadvantage
- Impacts of Exclusion Trauma and Minority Stress on Mental Health
- How these dynamics and differentials play out in the therapeutic relationship
- Recognising Unconscious Bias in ourselves and others
- Specific clinical issues arising from difference, marginalisation and oppression
- Core concepts and guidelines for respectful, creative, co-created alliance across socially and politically impacting differences
- How to include and engage in the therapeutic alliance with experiences of marginalisation
- Strengths and Limits of Cultural Competency and Cultural Humility Models
- Preparing for the real-life challenges of ethical practice in a diverse world
Teaching & Learning
- Series of webinars and activities followed up with 2-days of live interactive learning using Zoom, set at high challenge level within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
- The training involves exercises in pairs & small groups, live practical demonstrations & theoretical input.
- Group size is limited to 10 participants to ensure maximum support for Trainees.
- Information rich colourful workbook published by BeeLeaf and additional digital resources are included in the course fee.
- Trainers: Pamela Gawler-Wright, Cynthia Mitchell
There is no formal assessment however participants will be expected to watch a series of recorded webinars and video clips PLUS engage in short self-guided activities. Attendance of this unit of training including pre-study provides a total of 24 training hours towards our UKCP pathway for Accreditation as an adult Psychotherapist.90% attendence of the course is required for a certificate of attendance.
This short course is open to practitioners and trainees in psychotherapy, counselling and coaching and is an integral unit of the BeeLeaf Diploma in Contemporary Psychotherapy.
Please read Enrolment Policy
Call 020 8983 9699 or email email@example.com